Author Topic: One Quarter of women don't know where their vagina is? Seriously?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline fantasybear369

• Freshman
  • Merits 39
Re: One Quarter of women don't know where their vagina is? Seriously?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
This is a genuine question, albeit one that may be insulting to a large number of people on here, but what the fuck is wrong with the US educational system?

In the UK we do sexual health education, when I was at school there was a subject called PSHE, personal, health, social economic education, the goal was basicall to teach a mishmash about being a human being, from empathy to how to budget to sexual health from the age of ten years old. It begins with basic anatomy, what makes girls physically different from boys and that sort of thing, then as you get older and progress through the school system it starts to talk about stis, pregnancy, contraception, etc.

It was always amusing seeing a teacher try to put a condom onto a banana in front of a bunch of 13 year olds but I digress.

And to return to the subject at hand, what the fuck is wrong with your system where a quarter of women do not know about their own bodies?

I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with your country where your education cannot even do the basics of ones own body?

Ignoring the sexual aspect, just learning how to examine oneself for signs of cancer, which is a significant part of sex ed in the UK, and it is ignored by your system?

Just, how? Why?

Please believe me when I ask the very same question.

I graduated high school in 1989 in Pennsylvania.  A few years later, I moved to Florida (bad life choice, but that is another story). I wasn't an all-star high school student, but I was in several advanced placement classes (English, Biology, etc). In my English class we read and wrote reports on Shakespeare, Orwell, Bronte, Melville...you get the idea. We had sex education in health class. We were required to take a semester of Spanish, German, and French during freshman year so we could select a language for the next year. We had to take a semester of a shop class (either wood shop or mechanics) and a semester of home economics, where we learned about cooking, basic sewing skills, and budgeting for shopping.

I got to Florida and was shocked at the school requirements. Books I'd read as a high school freshman were considered college level. These days, there is no sex education because someone might get 'offended'. Practical skills, like home economics, are no longer part of the school curriculum.

I work as a fire lieutenant and I have new kids coming on the job who can't even change a car tire or check their oil. And please don't get me started on their report writing and written communication skills.

Scary times.
Finally looking for my dark side...

Offline Brokenwing

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 231
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if part of it was also a poor diagram or image.

How many of us know the anus and what organ it attaches to and what organ that attaches to?

Many of us have had tonsils removed, could you draw them in the right place from the front view or side view?

How well would males do at identifying the more technical
Term urethra?   Testes? 

Can most guys identify the prostate on a diagram?

Does any country study anatomy in school below college / university?

There are still idiots who practice the pull out method.

Most of you males are sure you make every woman orgasm every time you have sex with he Really?  Right?

Just a moment to post a reply to an authors story makes it worth the hours of writing and editing the story.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 01:20:28 AM »
It's not just women.  I see lots of stories by men who talk about licking a vagina.  You can attempt to thrust a tounge into a vagina, but if you're just licking it's probably the labia.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline TFox25

• Freshman
  • Merits 4
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 03:07:13 AM »
I wonder if it had to do with the change of the world as a whole?  I am thinking like a lock on information, parents or educational admins thinking the students should not learn about the body until later?  I still remember taking biology/physiology in High School.

But I also agree with a notion that the 'younger' kids learn better through videos rather than textbook.
Message me on Discord for some RP fun!

Smutwritergal
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 12:00:49 PM »
Honestly, a huge problem (at least in the US) is that science based sexual education is fundamentally demonized by the right and do so long the Left fell all over themselves not to upset them. So multiple generations were totally screwed, and continue being screwed, when it comes to sex ed.

Biology and sexual science is grossly politicized. That’s how we end up with boys who think they can insert their fingers “into her clit” and people of every gender not understanding that the vagina is the inside part and not just a catch-all term for the entire female genitalia.

I know grown men who still think girls pee out of their vagina.