ravishu.com
June 01, 2020, 03:09:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ravishment U. - where Rape is nothing more than "Assault with a Friendly Weapon"
A quote by DrDiscrete - Junior at RU

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange times  (Read 97 times)
Seeker
Undergrad

Merits 407

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:42:09 PM »

Many of you know I don't post much outside of my stories, so I'm slightly unaccustomed to other forums, like this. But I was wondering about how others were experiencing this weird time we are surviving.

A year ago I discovered writing was an amazing outlet for my creativity and fantasies. Many seem to have enjoyed the fruits of my expression. While I enjoy the comments, I wrote for myself as a means of exploring my darker impulses.

I happen to run a company which has been able to survive virtually through this difficult time. However, it takes such an immense mental and emotional effort to be on my computer every day for 10 hours zooming / skyping / teamsing with staff and clients, that come the end of the day I need to leave my computer. I have come to have a loathing / exhaustion of sitting in front of this screen concentrating that I cannot find the energy to create  / capture the content I have in my head - I still have so many unwritten stories but think it will only be after lockdown is done and I start interacting with others physically that I will be able to return to my virtual fantasy life.

What an irony...

I wrote this as both an explanation of my absence from this amazing site / forum. And as a request to hear other writers' experience with this pandemic and it's unexpected impact on our writing.

I look forward to the time when I feel able to contribute again.

Thank you for your indulgence

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0
darklord
Masters Degree

Merits 555

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »

I, for one, miss your input, but that explains so much.  My personal situation is that I work at a hospital and while lucky to be on 7-3:30 shift, I am still often physically drained and as a result I am not on the site near the volume I used to be.  You are quite right in that it does provide an outlet of sorts, and that is good.  The days we live in currently are filled with stress, worry, uncertainty, and as such, writing erotic stories seems to be on the back burner so often.   I will say also, that we seem to have a slew of new writers as well as veterans of the site that keep things going.  Hopefully things will settle down in the near future.

"Like the castle in it's corner in a medieval game. I foresee terrible trouble and I stay here just the same." Dirty work. Steely Dan.
carhamgrater
Masters Degree

Merits 679

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 06:58:13 PM »

Seeker you already know how I feel about your absence from here so I won't dwell on it. This current reality has done what other things couldn't,  it's stripped me of my ability to concentrate on stories. Seems I need extra motivation to sit in front of the screen and let my thoughts flow. The least sounds from outside can capture my attention as I wish to be out there! Not saying I have written but it is nowhere near the volume I put out before Covid, even thought I have more time to devote to it! I could only wish I had your reasons. All I can say is write when your in the mood and know that you are missed and always welcomed to return when you can!

Real rape is wrong fictional rape can be fun!
Jessica_33
Masters Degree

Merits 814

Reach the stars! Fly a fantasy!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 03:55:39 PM »

I can relate and miss your absence. I think the longer it does go on the more and more unhinged I’m becoming, the new norm isn’t the norm
And never will be.

I’ve had to live the “New Norm” so many times in my life
After my dad died as a teenager it was the new norm to have one parent
After I was raped, it was the new norm, to never ever trust anyone ever again and tag myself a survivor
Then for a little while my “new norm” was a uniform, and a barracks and then a far away god forsaken country where danger was very live and real

My last new norm was finally building a life after this car crash of events that led me to where I was
Now we are in lockdown and what I’m more afraid of now even more than the virus is the world we shall have afterwards, as I for one can’t do another “New norm”
Sorry for the ramble. I come on I might read, I might write I mightn’t do neither

I just hope that everyone here I message read and support look after themselves not just from the virus but from the “new norm” .
I await and look forward to your works and will catch up on that I’ve missed

Xx

Being me since 1986
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: