Author Topic: "Gut Check: Orc vs Amazon" Now Available on DLSite  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Corvid
  • Junior
  • Merits 82
"Gut Check: Orc vs Amazon" Now Available on DLSite
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
After thousands of hours of rendering, composing, editing, programming, and assorted sundry work, my PC game "Gut Check: Orc vs. Amazon" is now available for sale at DLSite and DLSite English:

https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE285288.html

The game casts the player as the chieftain of an orc tribe, locked in single contest with the Queen of the Amazons, whose warrior women have long warred with the orcs for control of the land.

After defeating the Queen in a belly-punching contest, the Queen is at the orcs' scant mercy for rape, torture, and abuse, with three different branches available, depicting how the Queen is mis-used by the chieftain and his cronies.

If I can reach my sales goal of 200 units, my intention is to create two new ending branches with feedback from my customers. If there is some twisted fate that you would enjoy seeing the luscious Amazon Queen endure, it could become a reality!

Check it out, give the preview video a viewing, and consider a purchase. I think you will find it enjoyable.

https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE285288.html

Thanks for your consideration.

dawnamber
Re: "Gut Check: Orc vs Amazon" Now Available on DLSite
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:00:13 PM »
While I have often wished for a game that involves rape... it isn't accessible to me

"
    Necessary Settings
    The application may not function unless a Japanese language pack is set properly in your PC / the System Locale is set to Japanese. For more details, please refer to [ How can I set my system locale to Japanese? ] on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
"

because I use my pc for so many things..I cannot risk adding a language I cannot speak

Offline Brek

• Graduate
  • Merits 40
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:02:30 PM »
Language packs don't replace, they're always added. It's probably just a matter of basically a font and some formatting. You always could also try having a second OS for experimental stuff, though that would be a little extreme for just one piece of software.

Is this derived from assets from the Japanese market or something, Corvid?

Offline Corvid
  • Junior
  • Merits 82
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 04:56:05 AM »
Japanese language packs shouldn't actually be necessary. It was created on a computer in the U.S., and I'm fairly certain I didn't even have the Japanese language pack enabled when I developed it. I suspect DLSite just puts such a warning before all of its software offerings as a warning, because some software developed in Japan genuinely won't function unless the Japanese language is in place. The characters turn into gibberish, and the program can't "look" for the "right" file names.

DLSite started and is primarily a seller of work for a Japanese audience, but they expanded into the English-speaking market as well. They actually have developers from a variety of countries- I've seen work from Italy and China, as well as the United States.

The game is in English.

The most notable thing with regard to developing for an audience that includes Japanese buyers is that genitalia need to be censored (pixelated) in compliance with Japanese law. I've tried not to make it into too much of a detraction.

Sorry for the lateness of reply- I really need to check into such things more often.