Author Topic: Does Music Trigger You?  (Read 398 times)

SheerHose33
Does Music Trigger You?
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
I love music, and I find it to be a real solitude and escape from all sorts. An oasis to the ears for many circumstances
As discussed in my music topic Jessica’s Jukebox some tracks really helped lift me out of darkness, inspired me and on some form became an almost cheap counseling session to trauma, and those tracks stay today very important in my life.
Many songs to me, like most people have good nostalgic memories that can take us back to happy times.

However, with the good comes the bad and there are songs that not only Id rather turn off, but some downright trigger me to terrible times. Coldplay is one band I feel uneasy when they are on as they were my rapist’s favorite and he played them a lot. Listening to them sometimes brings him back into the room.
I tried to listen to them and say this is just music and they are a good band, but I just can’t listen to them without a shudder.
One song called Viva La Vida  completely Triggers me, and not only that he played it religiously when we were together but it played on that long drive home alone after what he’d done, as it was on airplay the whole time then.

Does anyone else get this with songs that they just ball up when they hear them? Sorry for my little ramble.

Morgan98
Re: Does Music Trigger You?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »
Yes...there is one song especially the video to it which I saw a few years back that reminded me of very bad accident I was in that killed my best friend and boyfriend.  :'(
I don’t know why, but when I hear this song it makes me sad yet it calms me at the same time. I can't explain it.

Offline Kylie

• Senior
  • Merits 100
  • Stay safe!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 06:01:12 PM »
Yes, there is definitely music that will trigger memories, especially when it is the same song during the rape.

Offline spunkjunk

• Graduate
  • Merits 531
  • Delicate! Now take it off!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 05:18:20 PM »
Yes, there is definitely music that will trigger memories, especially when it is the same song during the rape.

Never triggered a shorter "storie" so much goosebumps...concerned

I love Music too!
The only thing ennoble mankind.
Last year: imany-don´t be so shy, always drives me crazy!

There is only one in the world better than listening to Dance Music of early 19century and NOTHING more romantic:
Girls in Empire Robes...
That gonna make me wild!!!

P.S- If I think twice about it: In almost all of my longer stories i use classical pieces or current chart titles in some scene descriptions...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:56:30 AM by spunkjunk »
Once God created the male. Examining each angle he thought: I can do better! And he did...