Author Topic: These Pagan Vices (A Nireville Short)  (Read 1215 times)

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
These Pagan Vices (A Nireville Short)
« on: February 06, 2020, 01:06:24 AM »

Part One

I am a solitary Wiccan witch - a pagan of eclectic faith. I have always practiced alone, because I have found rare few who have paralleled my own beliefs (and they tend to be solitary as well). My beliefs are grounded by my knowledge of science. My spiritual understanding shifts as my scientific understanding expands. Many witches who adhere to coven-bred traditions tend to be too unyielding for my tastes. A bit like Christians and other organized religions. Not that I have anything against devotion to any faith, it is simply that rigidity does not suit me.

So, I surprised myself when I agreed to attend an Imbolc festival that my friend's 'coven' was holding. Being an anxious introvert, I was surprised that I was agreeing to any social function at all. It was a general rule of mine, to avoid crowds of three people or more.

However, I had a huge crush on my friend Jesse Beckman. He was tall, dark, and handsome, and mysterious; I was easily besmitten. Also, he told me there was going to be a bonfire, and I'm a sucker for bonfires. Fire is my element, and it seemed to be his, as well.

Jesse was a volunteer fire fighter. We met a couple months before, when my neighbors set the woods on fire accidentally. He came up in the tanker truck as I was running along the edge of the fire, swatting it with a towel. He was impressed with my ability to react under pressure and told me that the fire could have burned completely out of control if I had not fought to contain it. I was impressed by his subtly pagan tattoos.

As he watered the remaining flames, I sparked up a conversation about his tattoos. The conversation shifted to the blend of science and spirituality. I learned that he was fairly new to Wiccan ideas, but he found the topics we discussed fascinating. Before he packed up, he asked for my phone number.

In the weeks that followed, we had many more engaging conversations.

I met Jesse at the entrance to the campgrounds shortly before sunset and followed his blue pickup truck to the clearing where his 'coven' had erected an elegant curtained pagoda. The area was deep in the campgrounds, surrounded by thick pine forests. As soon as I climbed out of my car, I was greeted by the sugary sweet coven. Hands reaching out to shake mine or pat me on the arms. Their cream robes made me think of other hooded groups from the area, but I dismissed the trite thought.

"Hi, Candace! Thank you so much for coming," Amber said, firmly clasping my hand. "I understand you're a solitary practitioner?"

I was not a Nireville native, but I had lived in the town long enough to know Amber Moon was in fact Amber Nyrel, heiress to the Nyrel fortune. It was quite possible she had bought a few books on Wicca and believed herself a high priestess. With her influence, she was able to convince some of her friends to join her little coven. There was no telling if her entourage actually believed the random anecdotes and pseudo spiritual nonsense she probably spouted, but I figured they went along with it for the food, costumes, and roadtrips. I knew that Jesse was a new addition to the 'coven', but I was not sure how they had managed to indoctrinate him.

"Yeah, solitary. I don't do great around crowds," I admitted.

Amber hugged me, unbidden, making me feel more awkward. "No worries! We'll be gentle with you, I promise!" I already felt the urge to leave, but I had promised myself that I would make it through this event without chickening out before it was over.

Deidra Wexler offered me a bundle of green clothes. "Can you change into these?" She asked.

"Umm...sure." I accepted them. The fabric was surprisingly soft. "Where do I..."

"Behind the pagoda, there's a tent you can change in," Amber said. "I hope you like the green...I thought it would compliment your lovely red hair!"

"'Kay, thanks." Costumes, I sighed inwardly.

The dress fit me surprisingly well. As far as I knew, Amber had never asked for my measurements. Hell, I didn't even know my own measurements! However, the trumpet sleeved Renaissance gown hugged my curves perfectly. My bra had to come off, lest it be exposed by the plunging neckline. I also had a little difficulty figuring out how the hooded cloak was supposed to be worn and fastened, but I got there in the end. I took my hair out of the tight bun, so that my curls draped through the hood.

I almost felt like a queen, except for the running shoes hidden under my skirts.

Jesse beamed as I stepped out of the tent, into the glow of the setting sun. "Oh my, you look amazing!"

"Thanks," I blushed.

The group was already gathered under the pagoda. The curtains had been pulled down, transforming the pagoda into a big tent. A large wooden table was adorned with candles, bowls of oats and of milk, and a scattering of daffodils and crocuses. Foldup chairs lined the 'walls'.  Aside from Jesse and myself, there were twelve other people present. I only knew Jesse, Amber, Deidra, Gary Metter, Carrie Anderson, Thomas Harper, and Jade Forsyth. Altogether, there were seven women and seven men. Amber stood in the middle of the 'room', beside the table. Everyone was circle around her and the table, in a male-female-male-female pattern. Jesse and I joined the circle. Oh, we're jumping right into this, I thought anxiously.

Amber took a silver bowl of milk from the table and held it high in front of her.

"Brighid, goddess of the hearth, we call upon you. We offer you prayers that pour forth like ewe's milk." She poured the bowl of milk on the ground and then picked up another bowl of milk. "Brighid, goddess of healing, we call upon you. We ask that you cure our bodies, hearts, and spirits of all pains." She took a sip of milk and passed it to her right. Deidra accepted the bowl, took a sip, and passed it. I was wishing that I had considered the widdershins passing, and joined the ring closer to Amber. As it was, I counted nine people I would have to drink behind. When it reached me, I turned the bowl slightly and tilted it up, hoping that I would not catch some dreadful illness. Amber picked up a bowl of dry oats. "Brighid, goddess of the harvest, we call upon you. Bless our crops and protect them from blight." She grabbed handfuls of oats and tossed them from side to side. She picked up a bowl of prepared oats, which also bore a circle of small spoons. "Brighid, goddess of the home, we call upon you. Nurture and nourish our bodies and protect us from harm." She took a small bite and set the spoon on the table. She passed the bowl to her left. I was surprised when they reached me; I had expected plain oats, but they had been flavored with honey, coconut, and apricot. I wanted to eat the whole bowl, but passed it on, as I was meant to. Amber indicated the candles and everyone stepped forward to pick one up. As the circle reformed, she continued, "Holy mother, goddess of flame, we humble servants invoke your name. Brighid, goddess of hearth and healing, of harvest and home, we beseech you in Imbolc's gloam." Everyone around me blew out there candles. My candle flickered gentle light on their faces as they waited for me to snuff it. I felt a bit apprehensive, as it was the only source of illumination. "Blow it out," someone whispered. Feeling the pressure, I exhaled sharply. Darkness consumed the pagoda.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:07:47 PM by babyfyrefly »
"Oh, I will be alright, just use me...the future's bright without me..."
-AFI

carhamgrater
Re: These Pagan Vices (A Nireville Short)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »
And as darkness descended the hands rose and Wiccans started to breath hard. Damn you got me hooked, I want more, very soon! Merit from me when the stupid rule is up!

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 07:39:19 AM »
Part 2

Is that the whole ritual? I wondered.

Dusk shrouded the inside of the pagoda in a soupy pitch black. Latent winter cold arranged the silence and absence of the usual woodland company, which would normally have been stirred up in cacophonous ado.

Inside the pagoda, I could hear the soft rustling of fabric and grass as someone moved around. Faint fissures of lesser darkness appeared. I could scarcely make out figures, passing through the curtains. Nervous, I reached out for Jesse's hand, but found only air. My hands stretched out all around. No one.

Is that it; have they all left me in here by myself? "Hello?" I whispered. There was no answer. "Hello? Jesse? Amber?" I was getting a little louder with each syllable. "Anyone?"

There came a crackling roar, and a soft orange glow illuminated the back side of the pagoda. Inside the grand tent, I found myself standing alone. It seemed that everyone had wandered outside to the bonfire, without me. I let out a sigh of anxious relief. It was unlikely that I was going to mention my momentary feelings of dread.

Behind the two tents, there was a gravelly  area encircled by large logs. The middle of the area was sunken a foot or so and was about five feet in diameter. The group had it piled high with logs and sticks and leaves, and it was roaring tremendously. The coven had joined hands around it and were chanting the remainder of the ritual together. I did not think it would be appropriate to break into the circle while they were chanting, so I hiked up my gown and cloak and tried to slip into the area quietly, to take a seat on a large log. The gravel crunched garishly under my sneakers. I quailed to my seat, embarrassed. I piled the fabrics of dress and cover in my lap, to keep them from getting too soiled. Amber and Jesse were on the other side, but I remained - I did not want to make more of a disturbance.

They carried on, seemingly oblivious of my intrusion, cream robes appearing ochre in the amber light. I watched the fireside ceremony with interest. Confused by the way they had moved from one circle to another, but fascinated, all the same. They raised conjoined hands skyward and looked up to the stars. "Brighid, we pay tribute, Brighid we implore thee!" The fire twisted cyclonically as they recited. "We light the balefire, in your honor. Goddess who burns so brightly!" The flames licked higher and brighter and warmer. Loud cracks and pops sang from the wood.

As the paean continued, the hypnotic blaze carried my thoughts away. The flames seemed to transform into a dancing woman with flowing hair. I thought about how I had always wished that my red hair could be like fire on the wind. The woman made of fire seemed to watch me, as I watched her. Flickering arms licked towards me, invitingly. She spun around, hair whipping about in the air, feet above the heads of the celebrants.

"So mote it be!" Amber cried out. The group responded with a discordant "blessed be". Abruptly, logs settled in the bonfire, sending up a ripple that engulfed the dancing woman. And thus, she was gone.

I wondered what else had been in the oats.

"Deidra, get the table ready for later," Amber ordered as the circle dispersed.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you about the arrangement..." Jesse apologized. He and Amber stopped a few feet away. I felt a little intimidated with them standing over me, so I stood up.

"No worries," I said.

"What did you think?" Amber asked. She hooked her hands together, drawing an innocent demeanor.

"It's different than I'm used to," I replied.

"We're going to have another ceremony later. To honor Brighid's fertility aspect. We'd like you to be the virgin offering. If you don't mind, I mean."

I blinked at Amber. I was speechless, not sure how to respond. "Uh..."

"And only if you don't mind nudity," Jesse interjected.

"Nudity?" I could feel my whole face reddened. "Who's nudity?"

"Oh, everyone," Amber said matter of factly. She put her hands on her hips and pouted. "Jesse was supposed to tell you when he invited you. Getting pretty forgetful, eh?" She elbowed him playfully. I felt a little jealous. They seemed to have some sort of history between them. He had not really mentioned her, so I did not know what she was to him. He had not spoken much of anyone from his coven, I realized. Strangers. They wanted me to be naked in front of strangers. Naked strangers. I cringed.

Jesse laughed. His hazel eyes caught the firelight and seemed to glow for an almost indiscernible instant. "Sorry, it just slipped my mind." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. I found his bashfulness incredibly attractive.

"Full disclosure - I'm not a virgin," I mentioned.

Jesse and Amber laughed heartily. I chuckled nervously.

A young man with bleach blonde hair stumbled near the fire, and the girl he was talking to squealed, attracting everyone's attention. Amber spun on her heel and snapped, "Benji! Cut it out! We don't need to be rushing anyone to the ER!"

"Sorry! I was just horsing! I'll stop," he laughed.

Amber turned back, visibly annoyed. "Anyways..." She flipped her hair. "What did you say, again?"

"I'm not a virgin." It felt weird that I even had to say it aloud. But at least she did not cackle this time.

"Not a virgin in the traditional sense, but for our purposes, you are," Jesse said. "It's hard to explain. There is something you have never experienced, and in that sense...you're a virgin."

I shrugged. "I guess I could do it, then." I did not understand what they were talking about, but part of me had always wanted to take part in a skyclad ritual. As this might have been my only opportunity, I figured I should just go for it. Another part of me simply wanted to impress Jesse. Yet another part of me just wanted to get out of all of the clothing, which had quickly become suffocatingly hot in front of the raging bonfire.

Amber clapped happily. "Wonderful!"

A couple of the men were setting up tables and trays of finger food. They carried in a wooden cask and mounted it on a base atop the middle table.

"They brought the mead!" Jesse declared. "Would you like to try some? Amber's parents ferment it themselves."

"Sure, I'll try a sip." It was starting to feel like I was on a roll, ticking off all of the stereotypical pagan things I'd never done. Might as well knock out what I can, I thought. The liquid courage wouldn't hurt for later, either.

Jesse went off to get our drinks, as Amber explained what I was to do as the "virgin offering". It sounded like I was expected to just lie on the big wooden table while they recited a long poem. I was a bit uncomforable with the idea, but at least it would not be very well lit.

"Oh my, this is delicious!" I blurted out, interrupting Amber's spiel. "Sorry, I'm sorry...this is just really good! Better than any wine I've ever had!"

"Oh, well. Thank you! My parents say that barrel aging the mead gives it an irresistible depth of flavor."

"I would agree," I nodded.

"So...um...Jesse and I have been having a debate. I'd like to hear your thoughts - he says you've always been a solitary witch and that you have an interesting perspective."

"Okay?" I always felt anxious when someone wanted to know my opinion on something. I never felt like someone with adequate background in anything to be able to share my opinion. I preferred discussing possibilities over personal opinion.

"Would you agree that the "magick" of spellcraft is an action meant to manipulate energy for a desired effect or would you say it's the greater energy of the universe that we tap into?" Amber asked.

I considered her question, naturally sipping my mead. "I think...I think magick is the tool we use to appeal to divinity - whatever that may be. It's like...divinity is an unfathomable internet, and magick is a computer...a point of contact, by which we put in our requests."

"That's indeed an interesting way to put it! I like you!" Amber grinned. "I think some of my requests get lost to the void sometimes."

"Same. Like a 404 error from the universe." Jesse laughed. I bit my lip and stifled a chuckle.

I was not sure it was the best analogy, but they seemed to like it. Jesse walked off to refill our cups.

"You really like Jesse, don't you?" Amber asked.

Caught off guard, I stammered and my gaze dropped to my twisting hands. "Um, I guess...I mean, he's...but if you..."

She giggled and laid her hand on my shoulder. "No...Jesse and me? No, we're not a thing! But it seems like you like him. And he definitely likes you...won't shut up about you. You should go for it."

"I...I dunno."

"Go for what?" Jesse asked, handing my cup back. His finger brushed mine, sending an unexpected thrill through my body.

"She said she wants to go ahead and strip out of all those hot ass clothes," Amber needled.

"What?!" I snorted. "I did not!"

"Shame," Jesse winked. "I could help."

To be concluded
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:16:32 AM by babyfyrefly »
-AFI

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
Oh sorry...to clarify, she was speaking of spellcraft, not rituals. Two separate, though related acts. The point, however, was the distinction between deity and the tools to appeal to deity. Many mistaken magick as being a power, when in fact it is merely instrumental.

Thank you, Neighbor. As always, you flatter me!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:46:52 AM by babyfyrefly »
-AFI

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 08:58:25 AM »
Addendum: for all of the non pagan readers...the "rituals" described herein are not actual rituals (although they are derived from Imbolc traditions). Intentionally, they are rough and incomplete. This is fiction, not a how-to guide. ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:54:33 AM by babyfyrefly »
-AFI

carhamgrater
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
And I'm all caught up! Love how they left her alone to experience the darkness to prepare the rest of the ritual, almost like she needed to be of clear mind of what's to come! A true virgin to ideas to come next! Just laughed when she said I'm not a virgin as if one was needed in that context for he ritual! Almost expected Jesse to comment "Damn well I tried!" Merit from me when allowed and a plea for more as soon as possible!

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »
Part 3

There was a strange sort of cadence to the revelry. A melody of movement behind the casual interactions and wandering feet. Perhaps it was the mead, but I felt myself getting caught up in the tantalizing dance. Before I knew it, we were quite literally cavorting around the inferno, twirling and leaping and swaying to the sounds of our own laughter and utterances.

Jesse's face seemed like a fixed point. Every time I saw him I felt momentarily grounded in the frenzied whirlwind. He stood, still as a statue, observing the gaiety with a thin, wide smile.

I collapsed on the ground, jovially gasping for breath. Embers whirled aimlessly against the starry blue expanse. I am not sure how long I was lying there when Jesse knelt over me and offered a hand. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm great!" I heaved, pulling myself up. I almost fell right back down when I realized he was unclothed. It was a struggle to keep my gaze from wandering. "Oh my! When did you...?"

"Woah, steady there! We have begun." I looked around and realized we were alone by the fire. Really, how long had I been lying there? I pondered. "Please, allow me to prepare you." My face flushed as he unfastened the cloak and let it fall to the ground. All of my guards fell away with it. Jesse's hazel eyes swirled with reflection of the fire's glow, making him seem almost unearthly. "You do not mind, do you?" I shook my head slowly.

My head was swimming in the warmth of the mead, but the tugging warmth below was demanding attention as well. His hands glided up my shoulders and slid under the edge of the neckline. Carefully, slowly, he pushed the dress off my shoulders, down my arms. A mixture of excitement and apprehension twisted my guts around like a jumble of Medusa's familiars, as my breast were exposed. He pushed the dress on down past my hips, and it fell to the ground. With his thumbs, he slid my panties off, too.

Jesse stepped back, and I bit my lower lip as he took me in. I wanted to cover myself demurely, but resisted the urge. "Nice," he lauded.

He held out his hand, invitingly. I accepted his invitation and reluctantly followed him inside the pagoda.

The whole area was set up different than before. Now, there was a broad salt ring, encircling the table and participants. Standing candelabras lit the room from each corner. A plush purple cloth blanketed the table, bespeckled with bright yellow daffodil flower heads. The candlelight illuminated the backsides of the men and women who stood, holding hands, in a circle around the table. Deidra and Gary parted the way as we approached. Amber, who was inside the circle, greeted us at the edge of the salt circle and anointed us with some sort of sweet smelling oil.

"Welcome to this sacred space, may Brigid's light fill you with grace," Amber said as she invited each of us in. After Jesse entered, she waved a black handled knife over the salt, closing the circle. The air felt different; the hairs in my arms we're standing on end. Amber led me to the table and motioned for me to lie down. I obliged, careful not to disrupt the array. She stood on my left and Jesse was to my right. Even in my inebriated state, I felt exposed and uncomfortable as I realized all eyes were fixed on me. "Stretch your arms and legs to the corners."

As I reached my arms out, Jesse and Amber grabbed my arms and quickly cuffed them. The cuffs were covered in fuzzy fabric, but it was alarming all the same. "What? What are you doing?" I demanded.

"It's okay," Jesse whispered. "It's just for show." I relaxed a little, but remained tense as they also shackled my ankles. I looked around fretfully, and felt l like I was unguarded in a forest of flesh. I was seriously questioning my own judgement.

Jesse took his place on Amber's left side. Amber picked up a chalice, raising it high. "The sun is upon the Samhain path, here the Veil lifts to reveal what is unseen. The light grows, darkness shrinks, it senses the return of Spring. We feel it in the air, the soil, the warmth of fire, change is upon us. So we call down the champions of change, God and Goddess. Brighid, exalted one, goddess of fertility, we invoke thee." The air shifted. Static became electricity, dancing across my skin.

Jesse picked up the black handled knife, the athame, and pointed it skyward. "Bres, exiled king, god of the field, we invoke thee."

Fluid shadows erupted around me, whipped and draped themselves across my body. Everyone else seemed oblivious to the otherworldly forms. The continued chanting seemed muffled - faraway, even. The shadows swallowed everything.

For a moment, I felt as though I had fallen right into a dream. I found myself standing in a seemingly endless smooth puddle of water that came up to my ankles. The dark waters were blanketed by a light fog. A gravelly purr stirred up behind me, and I spun around. Before me stood a tall, red-haired woman, cloaked in a thin veil of flames and a towering angelic figure of a man.

Sorry, this was not the conclusion I am working toward. There is at least one more installment to come.
-AFI

carhamgrater
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Good more to come, doesn't bug this reader at all. Hell he would prefer you wrote even more if possible! love how you making it sound like  vents are happening that we a missing with her blacking out! Merit awarded!

Offline babyfyrefly

• Undergrad
  • Merits 38
  • 起死回生
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 08:40:36 AM »
Part 4

This cannot be real, I thought, mystified. I had to be hallucinating or dreaming, I was sure of it.

"I see they've sent a redhead this time." Her voice was melodic, like wind chimes in a gentle breeze. "You humans are amusing. But...it's nice to have a new...guest." She reached out to stroke my face with the back of her hand, but I flinched away from her fiery cloak. "Shhh, shhh, little one. Fire cannot harm you here." She clutched my shoulders and pulled me against her. Her touch calmed my fears instantaneously. With her plump bosom cushioned against mine, it occurred to me that I was still naked. I was surprised that I did not feel embarrassed or ashamed. Instead, it felt comforting and natural.

"Who are you people?" I asked. "Where am I?"

"I am Brighid and this is Bres," the woman replied, releasing me. "This is the Twilight Sea, home of the Fomorians. Your brethren did not advise you?"

I shook my head.

"You are to be our guest of honor, Candace. Untouched humans are of great appeal to our kin."

"Untouched? I'm not a virgin...I told them that. And...how do you know my name?"

Their laughter was indescribable - something akin to cicadas in the evening, melded with a fingernail gliding across a discordant harp. "You are adorable!"

"To the feast?" her consort inquired. He held out a hand and she accepted, sweeping me up with the crook of her arm.

An obsidian wave grew from the dark waters and swept over us before I had time to react. An instant later, we were standing in a stone valley, with an enormous spiky manor looming ominously before us. It looked like something from a nightmare.

"Oscail!" Bres bellowed. A bright ray of light pierced through the shadows as a large door opened. Odd grey little imp-like creatures pushed the door. The goddess nudged me forward, and so I led our small party into the great unknown palace.

Unlike its intimidating exterior, the inside was warm and welcoming. High arched ceilings were trimmed with a carved knotwork of dark wood. Lemon creme walls bore paintings of humans of the modern world, engaged in a variety of mundane activities. Some were sitting around dining tables, eating dinner, it seemed. Others were in their living rooms, watching television or working on their laptops, or playing with their children. One that caught my attention was of a woman, standing on a ledge, like she was ready to jump. As I gazed at the painting, her hair and jacket seemed to blow in the wind.

"It moved!" I exclaimed. I jumped back and my eyes darted around. All of paintings were moving. "Is this Harry Potter stuff?"

"No, child. Those are prayers. We might not get involved as much, but we do still watch over you," Brighid said. "Now, come along."

A pair of twenty-foot tall doors was pulled open by guards dressed in jet black armor. If not for the goddess's calming touch, I would have been petrified by what I beheld.

The great hall was like something from a nightmarish version of Arthurian legend. The room was flanked by two rows of teak tables. The outer rows were twice as massive as the inner rows, and seated giant guests. They seemed to be twelve to fifteen feet tall, whereas the guests at the smaller tables were closer to human sized. Also, there were smaller beings skittering around that I took to be children or pets - or both. However, none of them looked like children or pets - or human even. The celebrants came in all sorts of horrifying visages. A handful were familiar - werewolves, trolls, fauns, and fae. Others were akin to the Christian myths of demons, with humanlike bodies, horns, wings, and tails.

But most of them looked like they had been ripped from a Clive Barker or Matt Reeves film. A giant that looked like a fleshy mix between a centipede and a dragon gnashed at a horse carcass with its eyeless face of sharklike teeth. As I walked by with the god and goddess, a coiled porcupine naga bowed courteously. She flashed a fanged smile at me that curdled my blood.

I should have been terrified, but Brighid's hand on my arm continued to fill me with calming energy. I also found myself somewhat enamored by the peculiarities around me.

We approached a great stone table with three chairs behind it. The cacophony of celebration waned to a light murmur. Brighid and Bres walked and the table and stood before their seats, inviting me to take my place between them.

"Citizens of the Twilight Sea, we present what has been offered." Bres announced, his voice thundering through the hall. "On your behalf, we have humbly accepted this virgin sacrifice. This child of Man will dine with us this, the Night of Balefire Offerings."

A deafening roar erupted, and the unsightly gorging on flesh continued.

-AFI

carhamgrater
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
What a delight to read. It's almost reads like she is in a drug induced dream! Merit awarded from me!