Author Topic: Star Trek Picard  (Read 905 times)

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
Star Trek Picard
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:31:46 AM »
Got the chance to see the first episode of Picard and I personally enjoyed it greatly. Felt it was real Trek but grown up.

I thought the plot of Picard leaving Starfleet because it had changed was perfect for him and from a storyline perspective you can see why Starfleet changed. They endured Borg incursions, the Dominion War and the destruction of Romulus its bound to force them to change but Picard holding onto Gene Roddenberys vision can't let that change go on.

I feel we will be seeing some great story telling in this and for those who said it was boring and planet bound well the series is called Picard. Not Enterprise, not Voyager, not a ship but a person so if it stays planet bound the entire series but tells a great story about the man Picard I'm all for it... Although that last shot was beautiful!

Just eager to know what others thought of it really as we've been so disappointed by Sci-fi recently.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
Re: Star Trek Picard
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:54:29 PM »
I have not had a chance to see it yet, but I want to. Thank you for this Rachel.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

darklord
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 06:39:37 PM »
Ditto. Have not seen it yet, but do want to give it a try.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 05:16:58 PM »
Jo and I watch it with Mom and Pops on Saturday nights. We all love it though mom says she is a bit confused at this point. I told I thought that was the point of the story at this time.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:54:35 PM »
I finally watched it for the first time last night. I have some catching up to do, but I will say, I found it has a much darker, grittier feel to it than other Star Trek series. I really liked it.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

darklord
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »
I watched the first episode just tonight.  Interesting how they started with Data's daughter.   Looks like a decent show.

Girlvert
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 03:00:11 PM »
I was very much disappointed by the show, Picard is just a 94 years old ghost of himself and has to deal with a lot of annoying side characters who call him just JL!

The only positive thing was Jerry Ryan's guest appearance although it lead to nowhere. Also, I'm very sorry for Data.

Kalista
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 03:38:49 PM »
I was very much disappointed by the show, Picard is just a 94 years old ghost of himself and has to deal with a lot of annoying side characters who call him just JL!

The only positive thing was Jerry Ryan's guest appearance although it lead to nowhere. Also, I'm very sorry for Data.

I agree. Ryan's character was by far the most interesting character in ‘Picard’. Tantalisingly underdeveloped. She's far more interesting than Picard himself. Maybe she should have her own series?

Call it "Ranger Nine" ...

Kalista.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:10:47 PM by Kalista »

Offline bra_lover

• Undergrad
  • Merits 6
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 07:30:34 AM »
I don't watch the show, because Picard is not on the same level as Captain Kirk.
Methodist with a bra fetish!

darklord
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
Overall, I enjoyed it but I think they overplayed it at the end and should have left Picard dead.  I didn’t like Data’s new character relative either.  But overall it was good

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
Part of the reasoning on the story was to give Data a better ending than he'd had in Nemesis. They will tackle some new adventure next year, according to Patrick Stewart.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline Nero

• Graduate
  • Merits 51
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 04:30:37 AM »
I liked Data's ending in Picard.  The show had it's moments, and it had some problems. It was still better than Season One of TNG!
Innocence passed me by

Daddysgirl2019
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »
Written by people who hate Star Trek for people who hate Star Trek