ravishu.com
February 19, 2020, 01:07:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars/Trek ruined  (Read 355 times)
vile8r
Masters Degree

Merits 349

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 09:38:47 PM »

Honestly, I think people have hyped the original trilogy to such a degree that there is no way to live up to it no matter what anyone does.

That is an excellent point, Grumpy! And over the years I, myself, have been guilty of the very same thing.....putting the original trilogy on an unrealistically high pedestal. But as I've gotten older, and looked at things in a much more objective light, I've been able to find many faults with those first three movies too.....they're far from perfect! Not to say they weren't good movies, but Return of the Jedi, for example, has plot holes in it too, as big as anything in Rise of Skywalker.

You're right about them being extended tech demos. The tech was new, stuff never seen before in sci-fi movies, or older stuff done in ways never done before! So it was fresh and new for us kids in the late 70s and early 80s. It's harder for new sci-fi stuff to impress the CGI-jaded audiences of today. It's like, "Really? You think that's cool? I see video games with better graphics!" That's the attitude of today's moviegoers.

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!
GEMINIGUY
Masters Degree

Merits 91

Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »

I just saw the new Star Wars movie.  And I feel the same with the new Star Trek.  They both are in worse form now with the same director

I just fund this topic while I was working in my latest story. As a fan of both I had to weigh in here.
Star Trek first. Kylie, when you say new Star Trek, I'm not sure if you're pissing on the whole reboot series or just the third movie Star Trek: Beyond. I haven't seen the third one yet [but I will], but I highly enjoyed the 2009 reboot and 2013's Star Trek: Into Darkness. I loved how they tied Star Trek: Enterprise into the first movie, and how they reimagined the first meeting with Khan. U love the cast, they did a great job with their characters. Especially Karl Urban as McCoy and Anton Yelchin as Chekov.

[To be continued]

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown
GEMINIGUY
Masters Degree

Merits 91

Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 05:38:38 PM »

I just saw the new Star Wars movie.  And I feel the same with the new Star Trek.  They both are in worse form now with the same director

I've only seen Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens and Rogue One and had a blast!
But as far as The Force Awakens, I really loved it. I mean, I didn't expect a stormtrooper to becomes friends with a Rebel fighter, it was so unexpected it really worked. And seeing Finn wield the lightsaber - awesome!!!
I loved that little woman with the big goggles that was Han's old friend - Hell, seeing Han and Chewie back on the Millenium Falcon was so cool too.
I agree with my mother though, Kylo Ren is lame. And it sucked that Han died. But All-in-all, it was an amazing movie.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown
Kylie
Senior

Merits 53

make me wear it

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:38 PM »

The new Picard show looks very good, it might put Star Trek back on track
SoftGameHunter
Professor
Masters Degree

Merits 135

That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 11:03:14 PM »

I finally saw Rise of Skywalker today and...

It's the best ever! At least of the mainline Skywalker-based films. Rogue One is still better.

I don't understand the negativity at all. This one was awesome, filled in gaps and answered questions, and was amazing.

I hereby declare the subject concluded. Dissenting opinions are free to say so and be banned! (Just kidding)

The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.
90lbsofdynamite
Graduate

Merits 197

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »

I wish that I had waited until it came out on netflix!  I don't want to support this garbage any more.  It was so stupid.  It had some good parts, but most of it was pretty stupid.  I was asking myself: If this wasn't part of the STAR WARS universe would I go to see these movies.  NO, no I would not!

Kirk: Come, come, Mr. Scott. Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant.

Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!
Kylie
Senior

Merits 53

make me wear it

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 05:58:48 PM »

I agree if it wasn't Star trek or star wars, I wouldn't have watched these awful plots at all
darklord
Masters Degree

Merits 482

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 10:17:47 AM »

Blast from the past.  Entire cast on a corner in early days.

"Like the castle in it's corner in a medieval game. I foresee terrible trouble and I stay here just the same." Dirty work. Steely Dan.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: