Author Topic: Vile8r's Vault  (Read 7618 times)

SheerHose33
Re: Vile8r's Vault
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2021, 04:51:42 AM »
My brother was a big Rush fan and it was his first concert as he always tells the story.
I liked that Journey song and recognized from a Simpsons episode.
Great stuff and Rock music does it for me always no matter how old. Xx

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2022, 03:57:41 PM »
In 1982, there was a band out of Holland who called themselves Diesel. They released an album, Watts in a Tank, and from that album this fun little track, Sausalito Summer Nights.

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
  • But would you really want her?
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2022, 04:23:06 PM »
An interesting song that I don't think I've heard before. Sort of a Skynyrd feel to the sound. Checking up on then I'm surprised that they didn't chart in their native  The Netherlands before. Not surprised that they went to number one in Canada since we seem to be more musically appreciative of foreign musicians! Great post that will earn a merit when I'm allowed!
When I get around to it, I'll write

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2022, 09:05:03 PM »
Again we go back to 1982, to a Canadian group called The Blushing Brides. They had a radio hit that year, What You Talkin' , About, , which was really their only hit. The Vancouver-based band's major claim to fame was they were a really good Rolling Stones tribute band with a lead singer who was a Mick Jagger look-a-like. They never acquired any big commercial success, but apparently, 40 years later, they are still around and still performing!

I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2022, 11:21:27 AM »
No wonder they never made it big- who wants to watch a Mick Jagger clone, when you can watch the real deal! It was a nice tune but nothing special about it to draw attention to wanting more from the band!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2022, 09:13:04 PM »
No wonder they never made it big- who wants to watch a Mick Jagger clone, when you can watch the real deal! It was a nice tune but nothing special about it to draw attention to wanting more from the band!

Exactly! LOL! I remember reading an album review about them one time years ago and the guy called them "Canada's Most Popular Bar Band." He was being sarcastic.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2022, 12:21:35 PM »
Today marks the 5 years since the very talented Chris Cornell tragically left us. In memoriam here is Jesus Christ Posefrom Soundgarden's 1991 album BadMotorFinger.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2022, 03:42:55 PM »
So I know I have post many time that the style of music isn't my cup of tea but I can respect a talented singer when I hear one. It's always a shame when talent is taken away from us before their time. Even more tragic when the reason is self inflicted (Not drug related that just shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion!). it's only by posting like this that memories of Talent is kept alive! Merit to come when allowed!

Offline JustJess_33

• Undergrad
  • Merits 553
  • Writing your fantasy!
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
Love Cornell and Soundgarden, such sexy rock music!
A truly great and talented frontman.

Well done for posting xx

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2022, 01:04:33 AM »

I mentioned in another thread tonight that I was a big fan of Crowded House. But before that I also liked Tim and Neil Finn's other great band, Split Enz! Here is "Dirty Creature"  from their 1982 album, Time and Tide.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2022, 12:06:36 PM »
One of the best export from New Zealand, who secured their prosperity with "I Got You". Not hard to believe that Split Enz parted company with the trio who went onto Crowded House. Apparently though the Finn Brothers have reunited and formed a new combo! Great presentation!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2022, 10:10:09 PM »
One of the best export from New Zealand secured their prosperity with "I Got You". Not hard to believe that Split Enz parted company with the trio who went onto Crowded House. Apparently, though the Finn Brothers have reunited and formed a new combo! Great presentation!

Yes, I'd heard the Finn brothers were working on a new project! I'm very excited to hear some new material from them.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2022, 11:30:53 PM »
"Victim For Your Love" was from April Wine's classic 1975 album, Stand Back.
This one has always been a favorite from an album loaded with many great songs.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 675
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2022, 11:27:47 AM »
In my opinion of of Canada's most underrated bands every to leave the Canadian borders. We consider then Hall of Famers while in the States they are consider one step up from a club band!

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1066
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2022, 11:43:43 PM »

I loved the Canadian group Tea Party from the '90s. They melded so many musical styles into a very unforgettable sound. From '60s psychedelia, '70s hard rock, prog-rock, and blues to jazz. They were The Doors Meet Led Zeppelin! This track is from their second album, 1995's Edges of Twilight.