Author Topic: sex offenders living in the neighborhood  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Between Angela's Legs

• Dean
  • Junior
  • Merits 15
sex offenders living in the neighborhood
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:55:02 AM »
I was wondering how people respond to having actual sex offenders living in the neighborhood.  I recently moved to a new neighborhood and was surprised to learn that there are not one but two registered sex offenders living in my new neighborhood.  One seemingly is a breast groper and the other is a date rapist.  In looking this up both have had news articles about them (hence I'm posting in 'Rape in the News') although I'm reluctant to reveal their identities since then people would know where I live.  But I'm wondering what people think.  How do you feel about a real registered sex offender living in your neighborhood?
"Four to five days every month before my period I would just basically be kind of a crazy person.  I would suddenly be extremely moody.  I would get into fights with people."--Angela describing her PMS

darklord
Re: sex offenders living in the neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:41 AM »
I was wondering how people respond to having actual sex offenders living in the neighborhood.  I recently moved to a new neighborhood and was surprised to learn that there are not one but two registered sex offenders living in my new neighborhood.  One seemingly is a breast groper and the other is a date rapist.  In looking this up both have had news articles about them (hence I'm posting in 'Rape in the News') although I'm reluctant to reveal their identities since then people would know where I live.  But I'm wondering what people think.  How do you feel about a real registered sex offender living in your neighborhood?

I would would refrain from putting their names on here as that might draw some legal action by them should they ever find out.  I would not be comfortable living close to one myself, but I would say the chances are that almost every city has at least one.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:18:54 AM »
I've seen statistics about this sort of thing. Given the large number of offenses that count for these registries, everyone here is living near one.

In most cases it's not going to bother me.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline ClunkyKingslayer
  • Sophomore
  • Merits 4
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:52:15 AM »
they've gotta live somewhere right? no matter where they live there will always be someone who objects

Offline Willowy

• Junior
  • Merits 6
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 05:32:16 AM »
...and also, these are just the ones you know committed crimes.
just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world...

Offline PenitentGirl

• Junior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 05:40:15 AM »
They do have to live somewhere. I personally believe that if they're so dangerous they need to be tracked so closely they shouldn't be out of prison or a in-patient facility. I have zero sympathy for most sex offenders, but then you hear a story about how a couple tried to boink on the beach (in public technically) and now have to register as a sex offender for the rest of their life, or a 18 year old boinking his 16.5 year old girlfriend, etc.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »
They do have to live somewhere. I personally believe that if they're so dangerous they need to be tracked so closely they shouldn't be out of prison or a in-patient facility. I have zero sympathy for most sex offenders, but then you hear a story about how a couple tried to boink on the beach (in public technically) and now have to register as a sex offender for the rest of their life, or a 18 year old boinking his 16.5 year old girlfriend, etc.

These are actually the majority. Also, public urination, nude sunbathing in the wrong place, streaking at some event, soliciting a prostitute, etc. All of these can result in the sex offender designation. And although it is aggressive and illegal, I don't think something like a boob grope on the subway really warrants a lifetime of death threats and heavy monitoring. Sorry, but that just not even close to a proportionate response.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline PenitentGirl

• Junior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »
I don't either. I honestly wouldn't even want to call the police. A swift knee to the balls and is karma's swift balance for booby grabbers.

darklord
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:08 PM »
Don't mess with penitentgirl ;)

Offline PenitentGirl

• Junior
  • Merits 19
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »
Well, if you do you should be strong enough to hold me down at the minimum.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
I don't either. I honestly wouldn't even want to call the police. A swift knee to the balls and is karma's swift balance for booby grabbers.
Well I never said it should be without risk of swift punishment.

Offline Between Angela's Legs

• Dean
  • Junior
  • Merits 15
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »
And although it is aggressive and illegal, I don't think something like a boob grope on the subway really warrants a lifetime of death threats and heavy monitoring. Sorry, but that just not even close to a proportionate response.

What about repeat offenders?  The person in my neighborhood has apparently been convicted of grabbing women's tits without permission on multiple occasions over many years.  At some point it would seem it becomes more serious.
"Four to five days every month before my period I would just basically be kind of a crazy person.  I would suddenly be extremely moody.  I would get into fights with people."--Angela describing her PMS

gscmar64
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 05:45:39 AM »
Quote from: SoftGameHunter on June 08, 2017, 12:49:30 PM
And although it is aggressive and illegal, I don't think something like a boob grope on the subway really warrants a lifetime of death threats and heavy monitoring. Sorry, but that just not even close to a proportionate response.

And what's to prevent the individual from escalating from groping to worst offenses- a slap on the wrist, a monetary penalty. Many small time offenses have led people to commit greater offenses because of the image that nothing worst will happen to them.

Offline Eljorn

• Dean
  • Senior
  • Merits 43
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:28 AM »
Quote from: SoftGameHunter on June 08, 2017, 12:49:30 PM

And what's to prevent the individual from escalating from groping to worst offenses- a slap on the wrist, a monetary penalty. Many small time offenses have led people to commit greater offenses because of the image that nothing worst will happen to them.

While I'm not willing to say that this doesn't happen.  I will say that I need some kind of proof.  What is the source for last statement? 
==
E

gscmar64
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 12:15:04 PM »
One source is from the actually people here on the forum who told us their history. Another is this

http://taasa.org/in-texas-there-are-some-sexual-assaults-you-cant-go-to-jail-for-chris-kaiser/

Just compare this to anyone on this list, just subsitute sex for murder  concept isn't that much different.
http://www.ranker.com/list/serial-killers-who-abused-animals/ranker-crime