Author Topic: Something I don't understand  (Read 1194 times)

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
Something I don't understand
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:54:35 PM »
When I log in I always see a message at the upper right asking to please welcome our newest member.
I often did this until I realized that until they post 3 times they cannot send or receive messages.
Did I misunderstand the request?
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?

darklord
Re: Something I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:52 PM »
When I log in I always see a message at the upper right asking to please welcome our newest member.
I often did this until I realized that until they post 3 times they cannot send or receive messages.

Nope, it is a customary greeting to announce we do have a new member.  True they might not get it until they have posted their five as per required. I think this is to ensure that they not a bot or a lurker or something.   They may post later in the "Enrollment" section and you can officially welcome them then.  If not you can always reply to one of their posts later.

Offline Raidervips
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »
I feel that it will be something and then I want to get it a lot.

Offline Desireerotic

• Freshman
  • Merits 8
  • Amazon word warrior armed with a phallic pen
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:29:50 AM »

Nope, it is a customary greeting to announce we do have a new member.  True they might not get it until they have posted their five as per required. I think this is to ensure that they not a bot or a lurker or something.   They may post later in the "Enrollment" section and you can officially welcome them then.  If not you can always reply to one of their posts later.

Thanx Darklord... appreciate the claification.
I am an erotic word warrior armed with a phallic pen!