Author Topic: Would this help in collaboration?  (Read 533 times)

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
Would this help in collaboration?
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »
Dropbox has a new version that is designed for written collaboration
Dropbox Paper

https://www.dropbox.com/?_tk=email&oqa=novan2euv2&oref=e
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
Re: Would this help in collaboration?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
Maybe one writer could write the aggressor's thoughts while the other writes the victim's thoughts?
What other ways could this be used?
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?

darklord
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
Interesting idea.

Offline Druidtoad

• Junior
  • Merits 7
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »
Maybe one writer could write the aggressor's thoughts while the other writes the victim's thoughts?
What other ways could this be used?

Well for every action there is a reaction.  When you alternate, you obviously have to take it in turns to give each character their time, to express to the reader their actions and thoughts.  The big question is, who goes first?  Do you write the attacker, on how he came to meet his victim and how they abduct them?  Or do you build sympathy and start with the victim?  Going about their day before their captor took them, beginning their hell?  I like to write with a challenge in mind, and one is to try and create sympathy for someone who is evil.  I mean, how difficult can it be to feel sorry for a rapist murderer?  And then, in a twist, like Ted Bundy, you could deceive the reader in the same manner as everyone else has been by that person, by falling for their sad stories.
The Truman Show: Reborn
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=36270.0

Following the ending of the 1998 Jim Carrey film, The Truman Show, Christof, the Creator of the most watched TV show in the world, The Truman Show, has unveiled his darkest secret yet, in order to continue his greatest creation on TV, with dire consequences.  Truman Burbank may have left the stage, but in his place, returns a protege that could rival Ted Bundy.