Author Topic: How Merits/Demerits Work  (Read 8889 times)

Admin1
How Merits/Demerits Work
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »
This FAQ is "Subject to Change Without Notice"

Understanding How Merits/Demerits Work

We are mature and responsible adults on this site and it is the wish of the Deans (Admin) on this forum to allow its students to be allowed to participate in the handing out or taking away of merits. We know the students will use this power responsibly.

Students Name
Grade/Level
star (s)

Merits/Demerits
Merit + Demerit -

All one has to do to make a merit go up, is to click on the merit + sign,

Merits/Demerits 1
Merit +

or to make the merit go down, click on the merit - sign.

Merits/Demerits -1
Demerit -

A Student can raise or lower another Students merit at one/every 24-hour period.

The giving or taking of merits is meant to reflect how one feels about another students thread/post/responses/how they participate. Usually if it is well received, positive merits will be handed out.

If it is not well received, not liked, or in bad taste that too will be reflected in the handing out of negative merits.

No one has the power to adjust his or her own merits. Merits are handed out by fellow students of the Campus.

Deans/Mods can hand out positive and negative merits as they want and are not limited to the rule of one merit/student/ in a 24 hour period.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:06:27 PM by Emily »

Offline Sir Peter Stone

• Freshman
  • Merits 4
  • I play in a Hell called force... Follow me
    • Forced Captions
Re: How Merits/Demerits Work
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:59:35 AM »
Uhhmmm.... Xcuse me... (Raising my hand)  Does demerits get a person kicked out of school?  Cause if so, then Hoo-boy am I in trouble... Would it help If I said, I respect the rights of any and all people to either agree or disagree with any opinion or conclusion I may have now or in the future No? 
-shitt...   :-\

Well would it help, if I just apologized now?     :angel:
"Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow!"

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »
 :emot_rotf.gif:
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:22:15 PM »
Please note that if you delete posts for which you received merits and or demerits, your merits will be adjusted commensurate with the original contribution.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:15:18 AM by Emily »
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
To make the New Year more meaningful, all merits/demerits have been reset to zero with the new year (2008).

Happy New Year everyone!

CJC3917
How do you get Merits?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
I got two Merits so far. That's a good thing right? LOL :D

How did I get them? I've posted quite a few things I know. I have a lot to say and a lot of thoughts in my head about this stuff, which intrigues me. Sorry for my rambling!

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
Re: How do you get Merits?
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »

How did I get them? I've posted quite a few things I know. I have a lot to say and a lot of thoughts in my head about this stuff, which intrigues me. Sorry for my rambling!
If you look over on the left side by each post, in the poster information, you'll see a Merits + Demerits - pair of links (except on your own profile). Anyone can click these if they really like or dislike something.

There's no way to track them, but on the Blogging 101 board there is a sticky topic called "I gave you MERITS" where people can volunteer who they gave merits to and why. Maybe check it out.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline Tinkerbell

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 333
Re: How do you get Merits?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »

You get merits by being awesome. Congratulations!

Love,

Tink