Author Topic: The Relentless Pursuit of Keeping Women Submissive  (Read 1031 times)

darklord
The Relentless Pursuit of Keeping Women Submissive
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
Just musing over a thought so bear with me.  Seems that history has been ever struggling with the issue of female submission.  Take the Bible for instance, as well as the Koran, both written in a male dominated society.  In the Bible,God sentences Eve to be under her husbands authority.  Later, the apostle Paul writes an entire chapter on women submitting to their husbands.   Fast forward a bunch of centuries and Shakespeare writes "The Taming of The Shrew" which surely deals with the subject of female submission as Petruchio labors to bring the unwilling Katherina down to an obedient and submissive wife.

Today, in the aftermath of the feminist movements etc,  it seems the subject is mostly sought out in sexual fantasy, or role reversals.  Some women are naturally submissive, some are not, and others may have a passing interest in it. 

Kind of looks like it goes in and out of style as time goes on.  Your thoughts?

Offline JDWOLF
  • Senior
  • Merits 28
Re: The Relentless Pursuit of Keeping Women Submissive
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
You may be confusing sexual submission in the bedroom with social submission such as who makes all the decisions or who controls all the money.

darklord
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »
Possibly two different areas, but they seem to be related somehow.

KgC120
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
In my opinion, JDWOLF is correct in saying there is a distinction between sexual and social submission.

PERHAPS, some women may be more submissive in the bedroom because of our 20K history of hunter and homemaker. There is security in being protected, feeling safe and provided for, even if a woman can provide for herself financially. I've heard guys say that even though they can cook well, there is nothing like a home cooked meal from a woman who loves them (Emeril Lagasse for example). Stereotypes rooted in some real life experiences.

I don't ever see women of western society going back to a biblical style marriage or relationships with men, which includes fathers, brothers, and uncles having the right to tell a woman what to do. But if the romance genre industry provides any indication, it seem women prefer to be dominated, even if they go down fighting! haha  BTW, romance book sales account for 50% of all genres sold. That's sayin' something!

Offline JDWOLF
  • Senior
  • Merits 28
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:48 AM »
KC, good post. I am too hot and tired to write long posts but you covered everything I wanted to say. And your comments on Romance novels were interesting.

darklord
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 04:36:21 AM »
Agreed KC. Great response.  Makes perfect sense.

Offline Skygazer

• Senior
  • Merits 19
  • taraskysong@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
KK is dead on. I would love for my hubby to completely Dom me in the bedroom. In every other aspect, I want an equal partner only. Fuck that men are the "providers" idea. The two aren't related at all. You can be submissive in both,  but they are still separate issues emotionally.
Life is love, love is life

darklord
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »
Thanks sky. Good input

Offline hola

• Senior
  • Merits 81
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
also one thing is being submissive in any area because you like it that way, and not because society expects it to you.

just like there is a difference between real rape, and rape fantasy roleplaying. there is a difference between imposed submissiveness and voluntary submissiveness

Offline Dire Wolf

• Undergrad
  • Merits 43
  • Some of my fantasies:
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »
Let's not be so quick to dismiss the societal submission of women as proscribed in the Bible and Qur'an.
There are plenty of devout Christians and Muslims who believe the bullshit in those books and try to follow it. ;)

Offline vander32
  • Junior
  • Merits 24
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »
Dire Wolf, sadly you are so right, i have this discussion with friends and family who are religious, (liberal religious, not fundimentalist) and they seem not to see the damage that those passage which subject others to torture, rape, punishment, etc. And people who use the Bible/Qur'an/holy-book-of-choice, to justify the subjugation and domination/killing of others will always see themselves as justified and authorised by their book/beliefs. To the original point raised by Darklord, it does seem to cycle round, with waves of feminism and then waves of slow and quiet returning to previous ideas, eg 1900-1920 big wave of feminism across the western world with sufferage and workplace rights, then post Great Depression a return to the idea as woman as homemaker and mother. 1960s brought the sexual revolution with abortion/contraception, LGBTQ rights and free love, then in the 1970s and 80s it was restricted and tried to be undone, it does cycle. sorry if this is unclear/badly written kinda ill at the mo :)

darklord
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
Dire Wolf, sadly you are so right, i have this discussion with friends and family who are religious, (liberal religious, not fundimentalist) and they seem not to see the damage that those passage which subject others to torture, rape, punishment, etc. And people who use the Bible/Qur'an/holy-book-of-choice, to justify the subjugation and domination/killing of others will always see themselves as justified and authorised by their book/beliefs. To the original point raised by Darklord, it does seem to cycle round, with waves of feminism and then waves of slow and quiet returning to previous ideas, eg 1900-1920 big wave of feminism across the western world with sufferage and workplace rights, then post Great Depression a return to the idea as woman as homemaker and mother. 1960s brought the sexual revolution with abortion/contraception, LGBTQ rights and free love, then in the 1970s and 80s it was restricted and tried to be undone, it does cycle. sorry if this is unclear/badly written kinda ill at the mo :)

I think you nailed it

Offline Brokenwing

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 231
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 01:52:59 PM »
I wish I knew more about the bunch in Utah then I do but from the little I've learned I'm not sure that many religions subjugate women more, especially the off shoots of religions that believe in poliomy.  Often many of these women are left in trailer homes or not much better than shacks and denied birth control.  Not only is their husband forcing them to live in poverty but forces multiple wives to do the same.  How they seem to have the power over the media to keep this off mainstream TV and news is shocking.

Then to make matters worse their "church" arranges for the marraige of the underage daughters to much older men and it's all protected by freedom on religion.

This isn't chosen submission it's forced submission.

I don't understand how we don't hear more about the abuse of females that happens there. 
Just a moment to post a reply to an authors story makes it worth the hours of writing and editing the story.

darklord
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 03:22:55 PM »
I wish I knew more about the bunch in Utah then I do but from the little I've learned I'm not sure that many religions subjugate women more, especially the off shoots of religions that believe in poliomy.  Often many of these women are left in trailer homes or not much better than shacks and denied birth control.  Not only is their husband forcing them to live in poverty but forces multiple wives to do the same.  How they seem to have the power over the media to keep this off mainstream TV and news is shocking.

Then to make matters worse their "church" arranges for the marraige of the underage daughters to much older men and it's all protected by freedom on religion.

This isn't chosen submission it's forced submission.

I don't understand how we don't hear more about the abuse of females that happens there. 

It's  a mystery to me too.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 516
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »

I'm just going to speculate that you live somewhere on or near the east coast. Until I started doing road trips across the Rocky Mountain states, I didn't recognize just how remote from civilization most of it is, and that's just staying on interstates and major state highways. You go out into the wilds, and there's nothing and nobody coming to look too deeply into what you're up to. For a lot of people, that's a good outcome, but there's certainly a dark side to it as well.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.