ravishu.com

March 25, 2017, 10:22:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 181,743 posts.
This forum contains 12,520 topics.
We have 16,236 registered users.
Please welcome Mc_Dark, our newest member.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public pictures of non models  (Read 508 times)
hola
Freshman

Merits 2

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »

Some people have some pictures on social media set so the public can view them, even total strangers. Can i use them?
Eljorn
Dean
Junior

Merits 10

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »

Some people have some pictures on social media set so the public can view them, even total strangers. Can i use them?

Not without their express permission.  As stated in our basic rules (ravishu.com > ADMINISTRATION > BASIC RULES - READ FIRST > Basic Must Follow Rules)

#6:  Posting the pictures of private persons (as opposed to celebrities or models) without their permission is not allowed.  Please respect the privacy of others.

--
Eljorn

Jed
Masters Degree

Merits 47

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »

It's an important rule.  It protects people's privacy and secondarily protect the site.

My personal feeling is that if the photo is readily available on the internet in general, it's fair game.  Be careful on that though, it can be a fine line.  Any poaching of photos in social media regardless of being publicly available is a big no-no.  Given the nature of the site, it's highly unlikely the person would want their photo here or any similar site.
hola
Freshman

Merits 2

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »

Ok, I understand. It would be disturbing for a vanilla person to find a picture of they in this place.
Nyx
Masters Degree

Merits 48

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 02:40:19 AM »

I think it would be disturbing for any person to find their photos on a site like this. It annoyed the shit out of me to find fake profiles of me on MySpace back in the day and I would kick someone's ass if they stole my pictures for a site like this whether it was for their profile or just to post them.
Nero
Undergrad

Merits 27

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »

It's a question of consent AND context.  Public pics posted on Facebook have a completely different meaning compared to the same pics posted without permission on a sex-related site, such as this. 

Innocence passed me by
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: