Author Topic: Actual Rape Scene in "Last Tango In Paris"  (Read 1014 times)

darklord
Actual Rape Scene in "Last Tango In Paris"
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Most have seen this classic film with Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider (Now dead sadly.) Now the director, Bernardo Bertolucci is stating publicly in a recent interview that the famous rape scene in which Brando fucks Schneider in the ass was actually filmed without her knowledge or consent using butter as lubricant.  This brings in a whole new dilemma. Actresses suing directors for sexual abuse?  Even though she admits that what Brando was doing was not real, it felt real.

Schneider later said in an interview that she felt she had actually been raped.   Admittedly this was in the 1970's and things were different in Hollywood in those days, but still?    Here is the article:

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/a23952/last-tango-in-paris-rape-scene/

Having seen the movie I always thought the actress was a hot little number, and I will probably watch it again if I ever come across it, but now does that make me a witness to rape?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:04:53 PM by darklord »

KgC120
Re: Actual Rape Scene in "Last Tango In Paris"
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 05:53:21 AM »
Dear Darklord,

If watching that movie made you a witness to rape. Then you have long been a witness to war, torture, and murders.

Perhaps, you have already seen the unrated version of a B movie called Original Sin. It stars Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie (filmed when both were in their prime). Even the consensual scenes are hot but there is a scene where the end where he gets rough with her after he learns of her betrayal. that borders on rape. Decent flick to watch
Please let me know if do what it and you enjoy it.

Kayla

darklord
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:04:04 AM »
I have seen it but not sure about the unrated version. I will most definitely seek it now lol
I think the wildest unrated film I can recall was "Crimes of Passion."  Kathleen Turner played a prostitute
Named China Blue and Anthony Perkins played a street corner preacher named Shane. Wild movie

Offline waltermitty

• Sophomore
  • Merits 3
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 04:25:11 PM »
There was a lot of internet hysteria about this over the weekend, based mainly (I think) on many people  (most of whom haven't actually seen the movie) reading into the story the mistaken notion that Marlon Brando actually raped Maria Schneider in that scene, with his actual penis and/or the butter. Which is absurd, of course. All she meant in that interview with the Daily Mail is that she found filming the scene humiliating and degrading -- justifiably! -- to the point that she was crying for real during the take. And none of this was a secret -- it just hadn't gone viral yet.

darklord
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »
There was a lot of internet hysteria about this over the weekend, based mainly (I think) on many people  (most of whom haven't actually seen the movie) reading into the story the mistaken notion that Marlon Brando actually raped Maria Schneider in that scene, with his actual penis and/or the butter. Which is absurd, of course. All she meant in that interview with the Daily Mail is that she found filming the scene humiliating and degrading -- justifiably! -- to the point that she was crying for real during the take. And none of this was a secret -- it just hadn't gone viral yet.

Exactly! well stated.  Odd that he would come out with this now though.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Marlon Brando came out with it a long, long, long time ago but mumbled so badly that no one could understand what said. Ha Ha couldn't resist that. I watched the Godfather recently (for the first time) and enjoyed it. then watched others of his and now understand about his mumbling that I had read about. I don't know what the fuss was all about on him, A: I don't find him a particularly attractive male and B: I don't think he is all that great of an actor.

I won't make comment on her feeling humiliated as woman for being degraded while receiving money except to say, Yeah, I hear her pain and have been there.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

darklord
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »
I had never heard that until recently.  You are right about Brando though, he really was not that great of an actor, he just seemed to get all the big parts.

Offline Mr. Mongo

• Junior
  • Merits 5
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
I always wanted to bury my face in that big bush of hers.

Offline skuttrusk

• Undergrad
  • Merits 143
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 02:35:07 AM »
To elaborate: what the director said is that he didn't tell his actress what to expect in the scene. So she didn't know the butter was being used to simulate anal sex, and Brando held her down and basically dry-humped her. But she plays the scene: she doesn't yell "Cut!" So she is a willing participant in a fake sex act. But they kind of sprang it on her in a way you couldn't do today, and she regretted doing it afterwards (especillay when an Italian butter company brought out a slab of butter with Brando's face on it).

darklord
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:57:40 AM »
Great comment

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »
Gives a new meaning to the ghetto phrase, it's all butter Ha Ha. That means its all good or really good now it might be interrupted as up your ass I guess! 
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

darklord
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
Gives a new meaning to the ghetto phrase, it's all butter Ha Ha. That means its all good or really good now it might be interrupted as up your ass I guess! 

LMAO!!