ravishu.com

January 16, 2017, 06:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 167,741 posts.
This forum contains 11,845 topics.
We have 16,000 registered users.
Please welcome Bobbo981, our newest member.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member PM Glitch - Really!  (Read 187 times)
GEMINIGUY
Masters Degree

Merits 46

Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »

We all know new members are supposed to make five Posts before they can send and received PMs. BUT, there is a glitch. New members can send two PMs and received one PM before that five PM rules actually starts to work.
I've had many new members who never made any Posts PM me first and I after I replied and was PMed back I was unable to send a second PM.
And it just happened AGAIN. A friend whom I'd lost contact with joined RU and PMed me. I PMed her back but forgot to tell her about the five PM rule. She PMed me again but I can't reply her now and she's going to be wondering why I haven't replied!
Lois, can't we fix that glitch? And maybe when a new members PMs they actually get a message saying

Sorry, you must make 5 Posts before you can send/receive PMs

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown
ForceU2Love
Undergrad

Merits 14

Don't be surprised if you Want more when I'm done

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »

I totally agree that enhancements would improve things. I  know on some sites you can actually post comments on others profiles including messages like, "you need to make 5 posts before you can send & receive messages"

I have someone who sent me a friend request. Through the glitch you mentioned, I sent her a message, she responded, asking a question & I can't message her back. Ironically, she's on RU as I write this, perhaps thinking I'm ignoring her.
Kinda weird glitch we got going on here! I'm guessing we have the technology to avoid this kind of thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: