Author Topic: What makes for a good rape story?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Dire Wolf

• Undergrad
  • Merits 43
  • Some of my fantasies:
What makes for a good rape story?
« on: July 30, 2016, 01:51:48 AM »
Writing here at RU is kinda difficult because we all know pretty much where each story is going. There's a danger of being redundant. I try to come up with a unique scenario, a rapist one might not suspect right off or an ironic twist. I usually put more effort into the anticipation than the mechanics of the sex act.

But then I read someone's story that concentrates almost entirely on the sex and I'm blown away, especially when it's written from the victim's perspective.

So I'm wondering what turns YOU on more – the buildup preceding the awful realization or the delicious description of  a woman's mind and body violated? Or are there aspects of a good rape story that I'm not even considering here?

Why can't we have both, you ask. Ahhh, that's the hat trick that seems so seldom accomplished.

Anyways, I figured this would be the place to open such a discussion. And I applaud the lovely Makio for starting this board.  :emot_bravo.gif:

Tony V.
Re: What makes for a good rape story?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »
Dire,

There are several authors here whom have attained the Hat Trick you spoke of. Unfortunately, I think only one or two of them are still active in this Forum. Conwic is extremely good, Soft Game Hunter is excellent. Baronor's CAGED is among my favorites. [HQ]'s Harms Way, is extremely good, and among My favorites here. Brokenwing's My Downward Spiral series is heartbreakingly well written......

And I can't forget Geminiguy's Consensual Stories. Though not Rape themed, these are extremely well written too.....

Tony V.                    :police:

Offline The Rt Hon. The Lord Ox

• Undergrad
  • Merits 144
  • Go ahead and struggle, it only makes me harder.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
I'm going to vote for sincerity.

I'm no poet. My only published works are technical writing. I even deconstructed my own erotic fiction as formulaic...but the story in which I did so won a huge response of the women of RU throwing themselves at me.

Part of that is that I write from my soul, authentically. If you see the same shit on different days, it's because my soul didn't change over time...I'm old enough to know who I am and be at relative peace with my sexual aggression.

Ernest Hemingway once said, "writing is easy...one need only sit down at the typewriter, and bleed.

If it comes from deep within you, for real, the reader will feel it.

There are writers here at RU that take this craft seriously. Ravishment fiction has it's own genre in the publishing industry, "forced seduction", which the public knows as "bodice ripper" dime-store novels, and that genre survives even now, into the internet age, because it resonates into its audience.

Go ahead and struggle, it only makes me harder.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
I like the build up and then a twist.

A writer called Fireman once wrote a story about a man sneaking into a young girl's room and holding her down ready to rape her.  Then the alarm goes off, causing his first thrust to go askew bending and breaking his penis.  He screams alerting the girl's father to his presence.  THe father comes into the room to find the perp jumping out the second story window with his pants around his ankles.  Needless to say he died from the fall.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline Brokenwing

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 231
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
Dire,

There are several authors here whom have attained the Hat Trick you spoke of. Unfortunately, I think only one or two of them are still active in this Forum. Conwic is extremely good, Soft Game Hunter is excellent. Baronor's CAGED is among my favorites. [HQ]'s Harms Way, is extremely good, and among My favorites here. Brokenwing's My Downward Spiral series is heartbreakingly well written......

And I can't forget Geminiguy's Consensual Stories. Though not Rape themed, these are extremely well written too.....

Tony V.                    :police:

Thank you Tony that means so much.

When reading a story I really do enjoy if it has character development included in with the sex.  Even when reading erotica, I think it helps if you can empathize with the characters.  And I really do enjoy a psychological aspect to the story. 

I wish writing stories came as easily and quickly to me as it seems to other authors.  I cannot begin to tell you how many stories I start that I just don't feel like they are logical and after working on them for hours I struggle to move them in the right direction so eventually I give up on them. 

I can easily cone up with new ideas but getting them from the early stages in my mind, to getting them drafted far enough to where I think others will enjoy them are two different things.  I also find it important to build a character enough that the readers can build an interrest in them. 

I do think the more character development the more interresting the story.  I will admit I have enjoyed a few of the "stroke" stories where there's not much character development but it jumps right into sex and rape.  If well written those can provide an enjoyable quick read.
Just a moment to post a reply to an authors story makes it worth the hours of writing and editing the story.

Offline scarleth

• Junior
  • Merits 88
  • Born to be wild
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
I like throughout description of the sex act and what the rapist is feeling, and his motivation to each thing he does.
Didn't they tell you that I was a savage?
Fuck your white horse and a carriage

Offline skuttrusk

• Undergrad
  • Merits 143
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
i like wit, when there's a sense of humour to the horror, so that the girl not only gets raped, she gets laughed at by the author and reader.

Also, I hate happy endings, I always want the bitch left in a worse situation at the end, with the promise of more hard use and abuse to come.

KgC120
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
Dire,

For me, it is the combination of developed characters, story build and explicit sex scenes that I find most appealing. I almost wish stories on this site could be rated, 1-5 stars anonymously by readers. It would definitely make it easier sifting out those well-written gems. Tony V, thank you for listing those stories you found to be especially good. I'll have to check them out!

I can easily cone up with new ideas but getting them from the early stages in my mind, to getting them drafted far enough to where I think others will enjoy them are two different things.  I also find it important to build a character enough that the readers can build an interrest in them.  

I do think the more character development the more interresting the story.  I will admit I have enjoyed a few of the "stroke" stories where there's not much character development but it jumps right into sex and rape.  If well written those can provide an enjoyable quick read.

I, like you Brokenwing, have so many stories in my head. Getting those stories written is another matter entirely. I also agree with you about those short "stroke" stories that can be satisfying when well written.

I like throughout description of the sex act and what the rapist is feeling, and his motivation to each thing he does.

I have recently wanted to attempt this. Is it possible for a woman to write the rape of a woman from the man's point of view? I'd like attempt it. Or, perhaps, if I could find a source to consult with for the...little things that might be hard for me to imagine, then I think I would have no problem at all.

Offline Ishtar

• Junior
  • Merits 96
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
Thank you Tony that means so much.

When reading a story I really do enjoy if it has character development included in with the sex.  Even when reading erotica, I think it helps if you can empathize with the characters.  And I really do enjoy a psychological aspect to the story. 

I wish writing stories came as easily and quickly to me as it seems to other authors.  I cannot begin to tell you how many stories I start that I just don't feel like they are logical and after working on them for hours I struggle to move them in the right direction so eventually I give up on them. 

I can easily cone up with new ideas but getting them from the early stages in my mind, to getting them drafted far enough to where I think others will enjoy them are two different things.  I also find it important to build a character enough that the readers can build an interrest in them. 

I do think the more character development the more interresting the story.  I will admit I have enjoyed a few of the "stroke" stories where there's not much character development but it jumps right into sex and rape.  If well written those can provide an enjoyable quick read.

This is a major reason why I don't like writing longform literature. Most of my writing comes in short bursts of maybe 500 words a session of writing. Maybe that would help you — post shorter pieces, with a lot of buildup. That way you can get feedback from other readers on what's working and what's not.

Remember, you're always your own worst critic. Sometimes the flaws you see in your writing aren't flaws at all, but you're just being hypercritical of yourself. Take the time to step away from what you're doing and return to it later. Would you, as an impartial observer, want to read what you write? Or are your criticisms more focused on bashing yourself?

There's a lot to be said about writing a story in the middle of the action (honestly, I love writing like that) and adding development as things go along. It reduces the formulaic nature of the work and changes things up. Try it out sometime, see if that's the style that works for you!

darklord
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 10:08:56 PM »
Great words. I simply do not like to write long stories. I soon find myself losing interest in it at times. Short bursts are always better I think.

Offline Druidtoad

• Junior
  • Merits 7
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
I write what I enjoy.  You should make it your mission, to write the story that you want others to know, that is inside your head.

Rape by its nature is a crime, about someone overpowering another for their own pleasure, regardless of the damage.  But rape, like any crime, isn't something that happens, there's a build up.  Whether the rapist planned in advance, or is a mere opportunist, the person made a conscious choice to commit an act on someone, based one, A) they could do it, B) they can achieve its end, and C), which is the important part, they think they can get away with it.  Even as they prey on their victim, a predator is always wary of being caught.

In the Soviet Union, under Joseph Stalin, there was a sadistic man called Beria, who was in charge of the NKVD (Communist version of the Gestapo, except ten times more effective), and because of his power to destroy people, and his usefulness to Stalin, Beria was able to use his position to have random women picked up, brought to his place, raped, and thrown back into the street they were found.  Why?  Because no would, or could stop him.

The Truman Show: Reborn
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=36270.0

Following the ending of the 1998 Jim Carrey film, The Truman Show, Christof, the Creator of the most watched TV show in the world, The Truman Show, has unveiled his darkest secret yet, in order to continue his greatest creation on TV, with dire consequences.  Truman Burbank may have left the stage, but in his place, returns a protege that could rival Ted Bundy.

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:14:54 AM »
I love a good setup, some twists, getting into the head of the victim and into the head of the rapist(s).
A favorite of mine was never finished and the writer went away.
It included the angst of one of the rapists. The rapist knew and suggested the victim but was regretting the decision.
This was not finished before the key rapist got a turn with the victim.
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=15517.0

Scroll down to the Truth or Dare (Chapter 1) part
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?

Offline susan_haynes19
  • Junior
  • Merits 4
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »
What I do is tell the truth of what the victim is feeling and doing.  I usually put myself in the story and think of what would I do in that situation.  One trick that I do is write like your telling the story to someone that doesn't know anything about rape or sex.  Put your feelings out in the open.  Sometimes I get my ideas from true stories, but I switch it up a bit to my liking.

KgC120
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 03:52:05 AM »
This is probably going to be very unpopular, but can rape be seen as a spectrum?  Not the same regurgitated themes. Has anyone envisioned a story that doesn't contain so much violence? So much objectification of your victim? What about a story that contains a more personal element. Watching her, what makes her tick, learning about her background. A victim a man has desired a long time. How about a story where there is an element of concurring her? One where he doesn't just walk away, leaving her bloody and wet.

What about the guy? Has he ever done this before? Is there a motivation for doing something that he might otherwise never have dreamed of doing until now? A good guy driven to the edge of lust.

I know that is the what that is on here is just samples of rape, but there are others too.  From what I know, there are men would like to write and read some of these other types, if nothing than to mix it up a bit. Get creative! Expand your inventive mind. I would read it.

Look, before anyone lashes into me, think about the first amendment and how it was meant to encompass all ideas, popular and unpopular. The crowd pleasers and the ones that are on the fringes. Just cause something has always been one way doesn't mean there isn't room for new ways.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:57:53 PM by KgC120 »

Offline OhioSteve

• Senior
  • Merits 12
  • Here I Am
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 04:52:09 AM »
This is probably going to be very unpopular, but can rape be seen as a spectrum?  Not the same regurgitated themes. Has anyone envisioned a story that doesn't contain so much violence? So much objectivation of your victim? What about a story that contains a more personal element. Watching her, what makes her tick, learning about her background. A victim a man has desired a long time. How about a story where there is an element of concurring her not leaving her bloody and wet? And certainly, one where he doesn't just walk away, leaving her bloody and wet.

What about the guy? Has he ever done this before? Is there a motivation for doing something that he might otherwise never have dreamed of doing until now? A good guy drove to the edge of lust.

I know that is the what that is on here is just samples of rape, but there are others too.  From what I know, there are men would like to write and read some of these other types, if nothing than to mix it up a bit. Get creative! Expand your creative mind. I would read it.

Look, before anyone lashes into me, think about the first amendment and how it was meant to encompass all ideas, popular and unpopular. The crowd pleasers and the ones that are on the fringes. Just cause something has always been one way doesn't mean there aren't room for new ways,
I like what you are saying. It contains the thinking of both victim and rapist. Unfulfilled long term desire, angst from the rapist. Less emotionless abuse just for the sake of abuse. Good guy or girl turned rapist against guy or girl. Thoughts explained for all parties involved
Where am I, who are you and what are you planning on doing with that?