Author Topic: 13 Products That Reveal the Fragility of Masculinity  (Read 1798 times)

Offline kaitlin86

• Graduate
  • Merits 21
13 Products That Reveal the Fragility of Masculinity
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
http://www.gadgette.com/2015/09/18/friday-13-13-products-that-reveal-the-fragility-of-masculinity/

Really? Honestly, what the fuck? This stuff is just so freaking dumb and ridiculous that's it's hilarious. Are guys really THIS fragile and high maintenance??
God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you

darklord
Re: 13 Products That Reveal the Fragility of Masculinity
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »
I can proudly say I have never used, nor was even aware of these products he he.

Offline kaitlin86

• Graduate
  • Merits 21
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
What gets me about this stuff is that it EXSISTS. That there are people who actually think that making and selling this stuff was a GOOD idea. Like the candles, i know tons of guys that liked scented candles and i've got nothing against there being free cut grass or camouflage scented candles being available but that they are "Mandles". And honestly wtf would camouflage even SMELL like?? Of the cleaning tool, like somehow basic hygiene isn't manly unless your scrubbing yourself with something that looks like a weapon and would hurt to use. i  mean really, wtf? Lol
God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you

Offline Algore

• Graduate
  • Merits 85
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:59:11 AM »
http://www.gadgette.com/2015/09/18/friday-13-13-products-that-reveal-the-fragility-of-masculinity/

Really? Honestly, what the fuck? This stuff is just so freaking dumb and ridiculous that's it's hilarious. Are guys really THIS fragile and high maintenance??

The truth about this whole list:

13) Lawn scented candles. It's not that guys never like scented candles. However, if we're going to do the scented candle thing, we'll just get the candles that smell like stuff we like. We don't need "special man candles" or anything like that.

12) Men's shower cleaning tool? We do not need special tools to clean ourselves.  A 1 dollar cloth from the dollar store is fine.

11) Yorkie. Besides having never actually seen this product, nobody gives a shit about candy bars as a measure of masculinity. Besides which Snickers are candy bars for men  ;D

10) I personally do not like sangria. That said, I think this is just a stupid idea. Never seen it either.

9) Men's Tea. Never seen it, don't know why we'd need it.

8) Chapfix. Never seen it, don't need it.

7) Book of Broetry. Never seen it, but might pick it up for a laugh.

6) Man sized Kleenex. Bigger kleenex period is just a good idea. Dunno why they have to be "man sized"

5) Men's Bread. Only one I can kind of partway see an argument for. However since rye and wheat bread aren't killing me immediately, I can live without this as well.

4) Brogurt. WTF is that shit?

3) Man hanger: cute, but not a necessity.

2) Man flu cough syurp: never seen it.

1) Broga mats. If you're doing something that for whatever reason isn't seen as masculine anyway, you aren't going to give a shit how your yoga mat looks.

While I got a few laughs, I don't like articles like this, because it falls under the category of "what we think the other person thinks" as opposed to "what the other person actually thinks" that keeps strife and discord going. No guy I know, straight, gay, or otherwise, thinks that any of this is essential to anything. It's just a fluff piece, it doesn't reflect on anything that anyone likes or needs to maintain any sense of identity.

Yep. This list is total bullshit. Real men don't use some wanky "loofah" washer. I use a scouring pad.

No, I am not kidding.
I don't know who you think you are but before this night is through... I'm gonna do bad things with you!

See my profile for a list of my stories!

Offline vdarth87
  • Junior
  • Merits 1
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:54:28 AM »
They didn't include Dr. Pepper 10, lol. Other than the candles, didn't even know these existed.

Offline Kif

• Junior
  • Merits 28
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 10:36:53 PM »
I can proudly say I have never used, nor was even aware of these products he he.

Ditto.  Candles are ok.  "guy" candles... eat your man card and give a strapon to your mistress.

The only poems men need to know begin with "Once upon a midnight dreary..." and "Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward..."  Google them.

That and, "There once was a bitch from Nantucket..."
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?" - Lt. Kif Kroker

KgC120
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »
Lol, didn't know the rest of the products, but I actually bought the Linx male loofah for a friend.  :-\  Hope he doesn't see this article and think I was hinting at something.

Offline Tinkerbell

• Professor
  • Graduate
  • Merits 333
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:20:17 AM »
All *I* can say is, I'm sure glad us GIRLS don't have
any Dumb Stuff like that!

Love,

Jamie

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »
Jamie, I'm sure there are crazy, unnecessary products for you ladies as well... :P
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline Nyx

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 86
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
Jamie, I'm sure there are crazy, unnecessary products for you ladies as well... :P

I do believe that was the joke...lol

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
Be honest now, Nyx... Have you ever gone to the store, or looked through a catalogue, or were looking at stuff on line, and said "What the Hell?!? Why woul I EVER buy THAT?!?"
lol
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

hymen buster
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 02:25:40 AM »
Lol, didn't know the rest of the products, but I actually bought the Linx male loofah for a friend.  :-\  Hope he doesn't see this article and think I was hinting at something.
I used to use those loofahs when I was deployed the hard side is a godsend when you're sweaty/dirty/sandy and haven't showered in days...scrub that shit off

Offline Nyx

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 86
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 07:31:46 AM »
Be honest now, Nyx... Have you ever gone to the store, or looked through a catalogue, or were looking at stuff on line, and said "What the Hell?!? Why woul I EVER buy THAT?!?"
lol

Yes. That's why it was a joke. ALL of the stuff for females is sold like that. You can get pink cooking utensils, pink tool sets, pink everyfuckingwhere and it's more expensive. And that's just the retarded color that they use to sell shit to girls. It's not even the stupid shit they are selling.

There are some things that people think are stupid and I think are fabulous though. You bet your ass I have a watermelon cutter and a melon baller.

Offline Algore

• Graduate
  • Merits 85
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »
lol

Yes. That's why it was a joke. ALL of the stuff for females is sold like that. You can get pink cooking utensils, pink tool sets, pink everyfuckingwhere and it's more expensive. And that's just the retarded color that they use to sell shit to girls. It's not even the stupid shit they are selling.

There are some things that people think are stupid and I think are fabulous though. You bet your ass I have a watermelon cutter and a melon baller.

I have a pizza cutter!

I'll post a pic sometime - I made it myself and it's totally badass. Fucking Conan the Barbecuan would be proud to own this blade!  ;D
I don't know who you think you are but before this night is through... I'm gonna do bad things with you!

See my profile for a list of my stories!