Author Topic: Search function  (Read 9535 times)

Offline PantyThief
  • Campus Visitor
  • Merits 0
Search function
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »
Hi Mods,
     For some reason the search function isn't working for me.  When I try to do a search I get a message saying that I'm not allowed to search.  When you get a chance can you take a look?  
Thanks!

OUR WEBHOST UPDATED THEIR SQL DATABASE SOFTWARE.  THIS HAS DISABLED THE SEARCH FUNCTION.  PLEASE USE GOOGLE TO SEARCH CONTENT.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:31:47 PM by Lois »

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
Re: Search function
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
The search function has been disabled.  It stopped working when our WebHost upgraded their SQL.  Please use Google to search content.  

RU stopped limiting the ability to send and receive PM's based on post count long ago.

At this point there are just 3 boards that remain invisible if you have less than 5 posts, and I will be increasing this to 25.  These areas include private member content that should not be viewed by the merely curious.  The content on these boards is only for real members of our community.  If I see any bullshit posts just to get access to these areas I might ban you.

This board has no links to downloads anymore, so please don't waste your five posts just to find something we don't have.

To use google to search RU add site:RavishU.com in your google window and it will search only the forums and function like a forum search engine.

Example:
site:RavishU.com gangrape

"gangrape" being the term you might want to search.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 03:05:04 PM by Lois »
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 496
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:24:49 PM »
I guess this explains why I never have good results with the search function here.
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.

Offline maller
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 05:45:08 AM »
The search function has been disabled.  It stopped working when our WebHost upgraded their SQL.  Please use Google to search content. 

Google search is not exactly correct and not exhaustive. Had you thinkt about fixing the local search function?

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »
I think works pretty well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aravishu.com

add your search terms

Offline maller
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:30 AM »
I think works pretty well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aravishu.com

add your search terms

Ok. Just try to search:
Hong-Kong black widow site:ravishu.com
This is the fragment of text from topic http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=45289.0
Google doesn't shows it, unable to find it.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »
We will not be restoring the search function. While we have a new web host, the data is so huge at this point, just three searches a day would get us shut down for overloading our bandwidth. Sorry folks.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?

Offline Grumpy

• Undergrad
  • Merits 80
  • Enslavement of beauty is nature in action
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »
My email keeps showing even though I put hide email on my profile while regestering

Pretty sure only you can see it. Says hidden when I take a look. Or are you talking about searching?

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 483
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
We will not be restoring the search function. While we have a new web host, the data is so huge at this point, just three searches a day would get us shut down for overloading our bandwidth. Sorry folks.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

What about coding the search to go directly to Google (or Bing if you're into that) and executing the search from there?  That way it should bypass searching through the local SQL and shouldn't crush the local bandwidth.  It could look like this site but in reality it's a Google search on their backbone, not this one.

I don't know if that's feasible, just spitballing here.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
That is way beyond my pay grade.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 12:16:15 PM »
Um, I have always used Google to search for individual stories as long as I knew the name of the story.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline Oregonperv26
  • Freshman
  • Merits 0
  • I Love RU!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 09:30:10 PM »
Sorry im new here and if i understand right we type the name of the story and author in Google?

Offline Army of One

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 119
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 04:50:07 AM »
Sorry im new here and if i understand right we type the name of the story and author in Google?
If you know the author, then you can go to the author's story list and search through their bibliography.

Otherwise, use keywords (or the story's title, if you know it) in the search, followed by "site:ravishu.com".
Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline PaulPinecone

• Freshman
  • Merits 0
  • Looking forward to being inside U
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2023, 03:01:43 AM »
But if I use Google to do my searching on ravishu, doesn't that mean that the CIA will get a list of my proclivities?

That's a problem because I have an FWB who works there and if she finds out that I am fantasizing about molesting other girls she is liable to SWAT my apartment.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2023, 12:14:47 AM »
But if I use Google to do my searching on ravishu, doesn't that mean that the CIA will get a list of my proclivities?

That's a problem because I have an FWB who works there and if she finds out that I am fantasizing about molesting other girls she is liable to SWAT my apartment.
Get a VPN