Author Topic: Bad Site stay here don't go there  (Read 777 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
Bad Site stay here don't go there
« on: December 09, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
I was happy for a short work day today. After a full day at work yesterday then having to go back and “work” on a specific assignment which had me dragging in at almost 3:00 am this morning. The results of my assignment left me again disappointed in male of our species. The short day consisted in just picking up evidence and reports from the police station and returning the contents to the offices of the company I work for. When my supervisor looked over the packet he smiled and told me I could start going through the reams of information – tomorrow. Well this little black girl nearly did a back flip.

I spent my mid-morning and early afternoon combing through stories at another site where I occasionally repost my stories from. They require some editing due to a more restrictive set of rules that storiesonline.net have for material that is published there.

Reading through story after story with worse grammar than I use. Very poorly constructed sentences including every sparse punctuation. One sentences in one story was over 100 words long lacking commas and periods. The whole story was hard to read (at best) and there it sat with 7.45 rating. In fact all of the stories I looked at had very good marks for that site which is notorious for it’s difficult to comprehend rating system. Very well written stories with no sex element receive moderately good ratings. While totally terribly written stories with lots of sex get the highest marks.

This site makes me appreciate RU so much more. I look at the stories here and they are readable, entertaining and show that the authors not only have imaginations they at least try to make them easy for anyone to enjoy.  I looked at the spread of votes on my of stories 31 votes of 7, followed by 29 votes of 10, then there 20 votes each of 5’s, 6’s and 8’s, there were 9 votes of 9’s and 6 votes of 4, 2 votes of 2, and one vote of 1. That gives us 120 votes totaling 989 which you dived the 989 by 120 and your score should be 8.24 but my score is 5.54 because votes that approach the middle of the scale are counted with more weight than those on the ends.

Ah so average is more important than better than average. WTF! I have to just say I love RU and anyone going anywhere else must have a nut-sack not a brain. The other issue is people here (for the most part) are supportive and polite. I received an email from the other site which began, “You dumb cunt.” I didn’t read further.

Love you all!
Millie
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:17:43 PM by 90lbsofdynamite »
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 109
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
Re: Bad Site stay here don't go there
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
There's no excuse for bad writing and there is especially no excuse for someone to refer to you that way, even if the writer was female as well.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Lust4Mommy
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »
Gemni is right, that is totally uncalled for!!! Glad you didn't justify it by reading further, it shows you are the better person :)  And this is definitely a great site with a lot of very cool members!

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
Only reason I post there is the amount of readers. I know my stuff tends to be "darker" than most folks on there. That drives the wildly erratic voting but 9 comments that are good to 1 that is bad I can live with that. Still it is a strange system for votes. I think this is the best writing site on the net.

Offline WngdBeast
  • Undergrad
  • Merits 22
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 02:24:12 AM »
I'll go ahead and third Gemini's sentiments.  Anybody that starts off like that doesn't have enough class to be worth hearing anything more.

darklord
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
I am a huge fan of yours Millie. Keep on writing.

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »
Wngd and Darklord thanks a lot!