Author Topic: Funny Pics  (Read 53082 times)

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
Re: Funny Pics
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
I'd like to dedicate a photo montage to one of my special friends.  You know, the kid on the little yellow bus?

I'm sure you've seen him around... well, he keeps giving me this INCREDIBLE desire to open up a Google picture search with phrases like "complete fucking idiot" or "steaming pile of shit" or "crybaby", so here's a recent result. 
I'm sure you'll see the likeness!  :emot_rotf.gif:

These are all thumbnails except for a couple of tiny ones.  Click to engorge.

and J, I'd like to suggest that you take up bungee jumping, since you're worthless as an admin!

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
Here are some funny pics:

So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
boys will be boys!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:29:58 PM by RopeFiend »

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 09:46:02 PM »
And for your boyfriend or girlfriend that whines "it's unnaturalllllll"

also check out the lifestyle of the Bonobo monkeys  :emot_thumbsup.gif: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo
(scroll down to the SEXUAL SOCIAL BEHAVIOR section if you're ADD)

we didn't uniquely invent poly and pansexualism.

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »
If you didn't already know this, you shouldn't be driving!

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
 :angel:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:59:42 PM by RopeFiend »

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 08:08:37 AM »
Don't you have BBCode around here? :-\ :confused:

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 12:36:17 PM »
Don't you have BBCode around here? :-\ :confused:

Yep, sure do!  You can use external linked images if you want.  I edited your other post and bolted the pic in-line for two reasons:  you'd tried to embed an outside link using HTML Javascript tags (not BBCode), and the remote pic was buried under two different levels of SWF and Javascript on a Romanian server.  I didn't like some of what that site was doing... and SWF is inherently dangerous.   It may be a relatively safe site now, but I've seen more than my fair share of web hijacks coming out of Eastern Europe, some from sites that had started out like that one in Romania.

There's a thread >>HERE<< with info on using externally-hosted photos, and all the sites listed are safe for our members.  We *really* don't want anyone getting a web hijack, so it's best to use one from the list.

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 12:19:35 PM »
What is a web hijack ? :confused:

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:50:30 PM by Emily »
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »
What is a web hijack ? :confused:

It's been happening in very large numbers (hundreds of millions) over the last 4 or 5 years.  You visit a website, and it throws a file at you.  Sometimes it tells you that you need a new ActiveX control to view a page, sometimes it tells you that you need a new video CODEC to view an image.  If you're a REAL noob and have IE set to 'Enable Install On Demand' then you're probably already fucked, and not in a good way.  The file they download quietly installs a backdoor trojan that gives someone ELSE total control over your computer.  They can read everything on your computer just as if they were sitting in front of it: passwords, files, etc.  I've personally removed that kind of crap from over 100 computers of friends and co-workers, and helped another 400 or 500 people do it themselves.  Milder versions of web hijacks just send all of your clicks to a web robot that feeds 'targeted ads' at you (spyware or malware).

The bad part is, Google is not policing their 'search hits' like they used to.  It's VERY EASY to hit a site that has trojans on it with a Google search.  And for a couple of years Yahoo! was owned by Northern Technologies, which also owned a company that produced the GATOR and PRECISION TIME spyware.  Yahoo! was responsible for over 60% of the income to Gator (they fed the links to people doing a search).  Due to all of the bad press, Yahoo! has since stopped that.

I'll return the favor, Emily!  ;D  Would you like some 'special sauce' with that?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:07:23 PM by RopeFiend »

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 06:45:01 AM »
Don't firewals and antiviruses take kare of those type of trojans you speak of?  ^-^

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
Don't firewalls and antiviruses take care of those type of trojans you speak of?  ^-^

No, not if they trick you into installing them! I got one called spy-locked a while back.  I was tricked into installing it by being told I needed to update by activX controls to view nude pictures of Holly Berry!  LOL!

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 02:09:05 PM »
Well, I doubt a serious antivirus software couldn't handle a trojan, but if you say it happened to your PC, it might just be possible. ;D
May I ask what antivirus you were using when this occured?