Author Topic: My new fantasy world where rape is legal  (Read 10026 times)

Offline Strong in Heart

• Senior
  • Merits 32
  • "Fight for what you believe in"
    • Soul Surviving Healing
My new fantasy world where rape is legal
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »
I'm creating a fantasy world in which (among other things) rape is legalised.

This is the first part. I've written two parts of it so far.

How it all started

The League for Male Supremacy Gazette, Aoril 201-

"Senior police chief calls for rape to be legalised"

Today saw perhaps the most promising political development in Britain for many years. A senior police chief, fed up with the present chaotic and manifestly unjust situation, called openly for the "crime" of "rape" to be taken off the statute books altogether.

A senior British police chief has called upon the British government to make a radical shift in tactics in connection with its policy on the so-called crime of "rape." In an interview with us, he expressed his strong disquiet at the present situation and called for a complete turnaround in policy.

“Under the present legal system," explained, or pephaps more accurately complained Metropolitan Police Commissioner John Thomas, "thousands of men each year in Britain find themselves being arrested and treated as criminals simply because they have raped a woman. What sort of justice is that? It isn't as if they've been planting bombs or shooting people or committing murder or acts of terrorism and treason. All they've done is to rape a woman. I can assure you that our overstretched police force has more than enough on its hands trying to deal with serious crimes and we could use our manpower far more effectively if we weren't forced to waste our time investigating these frivolous complaints and, even worse, having to arrest a man, bring him to trial, and then if he's found guilty, our prison services have to lock him up. Frankly, I just don't consider that to be justice in any shape or form and it is quite certainly a massive waste of resources for the police to pursue the querulous complaints of these spoilt brats when we could be using our time more usefully like catching and locking up killers."

Thomas exlained that "as long as the so-called crime of rape stays on our statute books, thousands of men in Britain will be forced to endure the misery of arrest, public shame and even being sent to prison at the taxpayer's expense. What a waste of time, effort and money that represents! To say nothing of the mental anguish they are compelled to suffer, and the fact that if they are found guilty and sent to prison they will almost certainly be subjected to brutal physical assaults by other inmates."

Thomas added that our jails were being filled up with men who had committed no crime other than raping a woman. They were in all other respects law-abiding and thoroughly decent citizens. He also warned that "unless we do something about the problem now, we will have no room left in our prisons for really dangerous inmates."

He called for the immediate release of all rapists currently held in custody except paedophile and homosexual rapists. In addition, he called for fundamental changes in the law that would, as he put it, "at a stroke put a stop to the flood of frivolous and nonsensical allegations by hysterical attention-seeking women that consume millions of pounds and waste thousands of hours of police time each year that could be far more usefully spent in dealing with genuinely serious crimes."

Perhaps the most controversial of all the many radical statements made by Thomas was his claim that, in the overwhelming majority of cases at least, rape was what he described, in an arresting phrase that is sure to provoke controversy, as being "an entirely victimless crime."

Pressed to justify that phrase, Thomas explained that there were two main reasons why it was obvious that rape truly was nothing  more than a victimless crime.

"The first is that the so-called rapist is almost always the accuser's husband, partner, or boyfriend. Well, I think it's pretty obvious that since she's already in a relationship with the man that she claims has raped her, it can't be rape and she can't have been a victim of rape. The seciond reason is that most women who claim to have been raped admit that they had an orgasm while they were being raped. Well, if she's having a climax, from the very second it starts that makes it pretty obvious that she's enjoying being raped and that therefore the sex she's having with the man is entirely consensual . If it's consensual then she can't have been raped at all in the first place."

Thomas added, "I feel very sorry for men accused of rape. In the first place they're almost always entirely innocent of the charge and yet they have their name and face dragged into the gutter and are made to feel like criminals. I firmly believe that we need to act now and remove the victimless crime of rape from the statute books."

Of course Thomas' remarks were met with a volley of protest and abuse from women's groups. When the Commissioner flatly refused to apologise for or withdraw his remarks, the government, already under pressure for their poor general performance, were forced to take a decision, Rather than make a choice which would be unpopular no matter which way they reacted, the Home Secretary, Theresa May, promised a public enquiry into the questioon. May, asked to give a personal reaction to the statement, simply said  that she was open to any suggestions for ways to improve the law.

We await further developments with interest.

Kindness is what matters most
After that maybe sincerity
Be true to yourself
A condemnation out of ignorance is always unjust

Offline Strong in Heart

• Senior
  • Merits 32
    • Soul Surviving Healing
Re: My new fantasy world where rape is legal
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
A national campaign followed and eventually the government hed a public referendum on the subject of legalising rape. To the surprise of many political pundits it was approved. May, whatever she may have felt privately, introduced a bill into the House of Commons to decriminalise rape and it became law.

With immediate effect, thousands of convicted "rapists" suddenly and unexpectedly found themselves free men again. They promptly began a campaign demanding compensation for wrongful imprisonment and the government, under pressure from both sides, referred the whole matter to the Supreme Court.

To the fury of the feminists, the Court decided that since the men had been "falsely imprisoned"  they were entitled to what Lord Chief Justice Harris described as "substantial compensation" for having been "deprived of their human rights" and for having been subjected to "cruel and inhuman treatment."

The decision itself outraged many women but their fury soon grew even greater. Their Lordships, asked by the government if it was necessary for compensation money to be paid out the public purse at a time of economic constraint, ruled that "since these men were falsely imprisoned on the basis of fabricated statements by their accusers, it is only right that the cost of recompensing them should also be paid for by those who falsely accused them."

To the horror of thousands of women who had been raoed, this meant that they were now required to pay "restitution" to the men who had raped them. They were also told that they would be "named and shamed" for their "false testimony" and would also be required to issue a "public apology" for "defamation of character" to the men who had raped them. The women were also required to report to the local police station to sign a "confession" in which they "admitted that they wilfully made false accusations against an innocent man that resulted in his unjust imprisonment out of pure malice, knowing that their claims were false." Any refusal to sign the confession would lead to their own immediate incarceration for an indefinite period which would only come end when they finally signed the confession and "admitted their guilt."

Of course there were problems in carrying out the requirements. Some of the false accusers had died or left the country and were beyond the reach of justice. Some had no assets and were unable to find any means of paying the amount of compensation for which they had been assessed. Even more of them simply did not have enoughfunds or assets to pay the compensation demanded from them. A test case came before the Court and it decided that, in the event of the woman's inability to pay the sum she "rightfully owed," the funds or assets that she did have would be seized and handed over to the "victim" of her "false allegations" in "partial restitution" for her "malicious defamation of character." Because of her inability to pay the full amount, she would then be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of between 2 and 5 years, depending on how seriously a court of law viewed her "gross misconduct and wilful endangerment of an innocent man."

There were of course a few women who absolutely refused to pay whatever their circumstances. There were others who refused to sign the confession or to apologise publicly to the men they had wrongly accused. They represented an easy problem to deal with, since the bailiffs and police could seize their goods or arrest them and hold them in custody until they agreed to pay up, to sign the confession and make the necessary public apology.

The difficult problem was when the husbands or boyfriends of the women complained that it was unfair that they should suffer for what their wives or girlfriends had done. The Supreme Court agreed and made a decision that only the assets that had been "in the sole possession or use" of the women would become forfeit. If they were not enough to pay the compensation assessed against her, she would simply be sentenced to a term of between 2 and 5 years in prison, depending on the degree of shortfall in her resources.

That was part two of the reforms to the rape laws. The third part represented an even more radical shift in jurisprudence.
Be true to yourself

Tony V.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Worthlessfem,

I'm Hooked.........

I can't wait to read more......

I'm giving you a Merit......I should have earlier......but you DESERVE this one

Don't keep us begging for more.....

Tony V.     :police:

Offline Strong in Heart

• Senior
  • Merits 32
    • Soul Surviving Healing
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Thank you, Sir, for your kindness.

I will post part three as soon as I've finished writing it.

That's all I've got so far, I'm afraid. :(
Be true to yourself

Offline SirLost

• Senior
  • Merits 27
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »
While reading the first post for about 10 minutes, I thought what you have told were real life news, I was in shock such a thing can even be proposed.

Please post more, that's really such an interesting setting!
But I'm lost, I'm so damn lost

Offline Strong in Heart

• Senior
  • Merits 32
    • Soul Surviving Healing
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
Ah, Sir Lost, at least this time everyone can agree it's just a fantasy!
I'll try and finish part three tonight and post it tomorrow if I can.

If not, well, probably the weekend.

Thanks for your kind words! :emot_kiss.gif:
Be true to yourself

Offline Hazard

• Undergrad
  • Merits 59
  • Rape Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:29:16 AM »
Had to find this when I saw your introduction thread. The notion of a world where rape is legal ... it's ridiculous but makes for awesome reading. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes once the laws are abolished!!  ;D
How is my raping? Call 0602 696969

Offline Nytraven

• Junior
  • Merits 12
  • The real me in Cali
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
   Many years ago I wrote a Sci-Fi base story where after many years of female oppression, the men struck back retaking all goverment functions and essentially legalizing rape. Or at the least decriminalizing it.
   Your story makes me want to dig in my old boxes and see if I kept a copy.

NytRaven
is too short to be burdened with reality so..."You brings the hands, I'll bring the handcuffs!"

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 508
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 11:35:53 PM »
Has anyone noticed that the real Home Secretary in this otherwise fictional story is now the real Prime Minister of Great Britain? How many school children trying to Google Theresa May for their social studies reports might end up on this obscure story? Better yet, how many will report on it as if it were real?  :emot_laughing.gif:

Probably zero, but we can always hope, right?
The rumors about me are scurrilous, depraved rantings of a sick mind, and I categorically deny any sense of falsehood attributed to them.