16 (26.7%)
MegaUpload
12 (20%)
other
18 (30%)
none
14 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: File sharing services  (Read 8233 times)

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
File sharing services
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »
You may vote for as many as apply.  If you choose "other" please let us know what you use.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
Re: File sharing services
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
I have a SendSpace account in addition to RU and MU. 

SendSpace is actually the BF's account.  It is the host used for a particular audio book sharing e-mail group.  But I get to use it too, and he uses my RS and MU accounts for downloading.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?

orod209
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 11:08:45 AM »
if you looking for a more secure file sharing site, use filezilla. I use that for uploading more then 20 megs of data between employees and clients.

Offline MONARCH73
  • Freshman
  • Merits 4
  • There are no barriers which are not self-imposed.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »
I have used both RS & MU. No problems with either, but I do not have actual accounts.
TPB & Frostwire are my preferred source for pr0nz0rs, though.

Offline Skirt-Ripper
  • Freshman
  • Merits 2
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »
Ive used soulsearch (for music) and LimeWire in the past.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 02:49:22 PM »
Ive used soulsearch (for music) and LimeWire in the past.

Those are both Torrent Search engines I beleive.

Offline ReasonableForce

• Freshman
  • Merits 1
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:01:22 PM »
I use Torrentz and filestube.com for the torrents I'm looking for and Rapidshare Premium for direct link downloading. Seems to be a good compromise as I'm a mac user and had trouble finding suitable software initially.

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
Does anyone have a spare rapidshare account they'd be willing to share with me for a few days? I need to download a few seasons of a TV show and I can't afford a premium account at the moment. I promise not to do anything bad to the account.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
Look in your mailbox Jack.  :emot_kiss.gif:

Offline jack-the-ripa

• Undergrad
  • Merits 22
    • Lolicon
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
Thanks, Emily. That's very kind of you.

I left you a message too, btw. ;)

Offline zokah

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 92
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
Currently I share 2 rapidshit accounts - it will be 1 when I use all the points accumulated
1 shared at Hotfile
I also have access to Easyshare and uploaded.to accounts although I don't often upload to either except via remote uploads, which up.to doesn't have.

I highly recommend sharing accounts with trusted friends that upload as it makes it easy to keep them all free and download what you want, when you want it most of the time.
If you choose to put your penis into a hornets nest be prepared to accept the consequences
We are legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »
Say 'goodnight', Gracie!

Offline Nero

• Graduate
  • Merits 51
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »
I'm not surprised.  The German government has been trying to get Rapidshare shut down for a while.  The main operation is now in Switzerland, but "rapidshare.de" is located in Germany.  The German laws about illegal downloads are very strict and they are the main reason why content disappears so quickly...
Innocence passed me by

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:49:31 PM »
Not much of a loss, really.  In the last 18 months, I think I've pulled a total of 10 files from there, and 8 of them were from an old post by BBGirl (of horrorflix.ws fame).  The other two were techie ebooks <insert PROPELLER BEANIE smiley here!>.

Nobody has used RapidShit.de much since they went nuts deleting files a few years ago... we all moved over to RapidShare.com, and now we're looking for the Next Good Thing since RS.com has turned into the pits.

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »
I really like HotFiles.  Very fast, but they are prohibited many places including RB, and I'm not sure why.  Perhaps tehy were once a pay-per-click service?  Anyone have history there?