Author Topic: Croc Hunter Dead?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Lois

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 364
Croc Hunter Dead?
« on: September 04, 2006, 05:00:44 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=403644&in_page_id=1773

Steve Irwin is dead at 44.

Swimming on top of a sting ray, its stinger peirced his heart in a freak occurance.

Much as I liked to make fun of the guy, he was fun and I enjoyed watching him on the Boob Tube.  It is very sad that he is dead.  At least he was able to make a living, and died doing what he loved.
So much oppression in our culture is based on shame about sex: the oppression of women, of cultural minorities, oppression in the name of the (presumably asexual) family, oppression of sexual minorities. We are all oppressed. We have all been taught, one way or another, that our desires, our bodies, our sexualities, are shameful. What better way to defeat oppression than to get together in communities and celebrate the wonders of sex?
The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

Riyven
Re: Croc Hunter Dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:00:43 PM »
it is a huge loss.  the man was dedicated to the conservation of animals of all types.  he will be missed by alot of people, but his nature and what he showed the world will live on and be an epitaph that will be shared for years to come.

John

Offline Raymond Pist
  • Troll
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits -10
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »
I once had a girl actually say "CRICKEY!" when I stuck it up her butt. 
Wonder if she got that from him?
--Ray
A good library contains something to offend everyone. But the only thing that should be universally offensive to all people are threats of censorship. Silencing those with whom you disagree is not an argument; it's a sign that you have lost the argument, and cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas. There is no greater admission of weakness.

LordVerde
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 12:58:50 AM »

Whats really sad is the duaghter he left behind... 

wolverinefan
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:52:05 AM »
 His death really shocked me..He seemed like someone who really enjoyed life..All his family and fans will miss him greatly!!

Offline Achilles

• Armed and loaded
  • Junior
  • Merits 3
  • jocks or boxers
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »
I think its crazy how emotional i got once i heard he died, and then to see his daughter read a poem about how great her dad really is left me in a sorry state:P not afraid to admit it, i cried :'(
To conserve water shower with a friend.

Offline Achilles

• Armed and loaded
  • Junior
  • Merits 3
  • jocks or boxers
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 03:56:35 AM »
Your hugs make me better ;D
To conserve water shower with a friend.

Offline menndebi

• Senior
  • Merits 2
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 02:27:13 PM »
I too cried at Steve Irwin's death.  I also cried at the pain that has riddled his wife's body when she spoke to Barbara Walters.  It was a freak accident.  He was an irritating man bent on teaching anyone that wanted to learn wildlife conservation.  That was his main goal.

There was a clip a few days ago on CNN where an 86 year old man in Flordia had the same thing happen and he survived it.  He did what Steve did not...he went to the hospital to have the barb removed.  Had he removed it himself, he would have died.

*~*~*Deb*~*~*

Accept people for who they are, Never judge a book by its cover, Respect others and others will respect you.