ravishu.com

January 20, 2017, 10:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 168,117 posts.
This forum contains 11,870 topics.
We have 15,962 registered users.
Please welcome daysofsummer, our newest member.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New but interested - North Texas  (Read 1579 times)
Heckle
Junior

Merits 20

Dominance, control, pleasure. Any questions?

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:18:08 PM »

It's kinda a sparse group, I imagine, but I thought I'd try.  Anyone participating in a group (or interested in forming a group) in north Texas?  The coasts appear to get all of the love, but I'd love to assist in making some connections.  Reply here, or email at hecklea at gmail dot com if you're interested...

(Emily:  edited e-mail address to prevent spam bots from harvesting your e-mail.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:48:54 PM by Emily » Logged

Mine.
RopeFiend
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 230

only a Dean for tech help

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

http://www.nla-dallas.org/links.htm
or
http://dallasbdsm.com/
and
http://sanctuarylifestyle.com/ (check the link to the calendar, it lists all the groups there)

edit: Shoot, I forgot the Evil Monk's list!  http://www.evilmonk.org/a/tx_dfw.cfm

WAY more extensive than the first two, but he has a handful of dead links as well.

None of them lists everything.  All of my other links look like their domains expired and got snapped up by the domain hoarders.

Fourth Friday is a generic local munch, though I see the guy at DallasBDSM isn't enchanted with it any longer... maybe it's changed yet again since his comment.  Munches are always variable; people come and go, and the dynamic moves with the flow.  Looks like he started his own group called NEAAL, or at least that's what I surmise from the #BDSM_Texas link on his page and the calendar at Sanctuary (the dungeon where it's held every fourth Saturday).  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/N_E_A_A_L for Fourth Saturdays.  I'm a (mostly lapsed) member of DFW Bound and Bound Rose.

There was supposed to be another dungeon opening this last Spring, but I don't think they ever made a go of it.

I *think* I went to one of the First Friday munches a couple of years ago, but is was all twenty-somethings, maybe a few thirties.  I'm SOOOO not into little girls... wonderful to look at, but probably not a stable or recommended relationship for a guy about to hit 50.  Evil  If you follow the links at the top, there's about 6 or 7 different munch groups in the DFW area.

Pretty much, lots of women into the 'wild side' lifestyle are gonna be into ravishment in one form or another.  They may not think about it in those terms, but they are.  Wink  From that point on, it's all just interests and negotiation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:21:13 AM by RopeFiend » Logged

Heckle
Junior

Merits 20

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »

Thanks for the links... It gives me a good place to start researching.  :)

Mine.
Heckle
Junior

Merits 20

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 06:56:50 PM »

Curious - which groups or orgs do you find openly accept ravishment?  Many of the sites I read talk about having an aversion to it, or don't mention anything like it (straight BDSM play).

My curiosity is not idle.  I would HATE to be at a social event or party where various kink is being discussed, and get that look if and when I bring it up.

Mine.
RopeFiend
Dean
Masters Degree

Merits 230

only a Dean for tech help

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »

Anyone into bondage is up for SOME of it.  Again, they might not THINK of it that way, but it's a logical extension of "why did I get tied up and what's he gonna do to me?"  It's a 'loss of control' fantasy.  Not many list 'intensity freak', but it's along the same lines and would likely include ravishment.

A good sign is if they list any of the vampire novels (like Ann Rice or especially Laurell Hamilton) in their interests.  Wink  That pretty much says "Take me... long, HARD and wicked!"   http://www.vampiregenre.com/author-overviews

In a like vein, have you seen how many 'bodice rippers' there are selling on the grocery store shelves?  'Ravishment' (the softer version, for sure) is HIGH on the list of interests and fantasies for a lot of women.  Emily found a report elsewhere that listed it as the number one sexual fantasy among women, and most of 'em called it 'rape' instead of 'ravishment'.  They WANT to be man-handled by a strong man, not mother to some emo loser.

http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=8086.0

I get the feel from the women I've talked to about it that the ones that flag strongly for D/s or 'lifestyle' are less interested... they're more into the power play.  I haven't talked to 'em a lot 'cos I'm a true switch... I like both sides of the play, so a lot of 'em write me off. 

Some of those conversations were through PMs at Collarme.com (a free alternative to Alt.com and their two daughter sites Bondage.com and Dating.extreme-restraints.com).  A quick check there of switch women in the 27 to 37 age range shows around 20 women that have logged in within the last month or two.  If you turn off the distance filter and check by the city or location you'll get more hits, as a number of 'em don't put their zip code in there (it does the distance by zip, so if it's blank they won't show up).  I looked for switch women figuring they're more open to possibilities, but you may want to expand the search to include sub women, then weed through their profiles to see what they're into.  Flip to sub women looking for Doms and you get 3 times as many hits within 100 miles of DFW.  A lot of them MAY be interested, but you'd have to read their profiles and talk to 'em.  They want to be dominated, which is edging into Ravishment territory.   emot_shades.gif

The two groups I've been two a few times last year (DFW Bound and Bound Rose) are both fairly small, or were.  Figure 20 or 30 regulars that show up, and a few new faces on occasion.  They both make ya feel welcome, and from there it's just a matter of chatting the ladies up to see what they're into and whether there's any mutual interest.  Both of 'em are more educational than munch-oriented, though.  In both of those groups, there was a mix of 20-somethings all the way up to around 60?, very pan-friendly and open; you'll find all sorts attending their meetings.  I can't speak for the other groups 'cos I haven't attended any of 'em.  You're in a good age-range to find a single lady (or guy, if you bend that way), where I'm at a bit of a disadvantage being nearly 50 (fewer available women in that range).  Realize that any of the groups that hold a munch at the dungeon (I think they all have Yahoo groups for their rules and info) will cut ya a price break if you're a dungeon member, which is worth it if you're thinking of attending more than a handful of events per year (I forget what the break-even point is).  Don't splurge until you're sure you WANT to go back more than a few times, though: it's $85 / year.

Ravishment has a bad rap 'cos the whole intent is to push the edge of 'non-consensual', which makes a bunch of the guys REALLY uncomfortable.  They do NOT want to be labeled as NC.  For me though, it's all still consensual AND safewords are in full effect, yet you're acting like it's a non-consensual scene to get the juices flowing.  Adrenaline is GREAT for pumping up the volume of an encounter.  Evil 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:39:04 PM by RopeFiend » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: