Author Topic: Is rape an act of love? Or an act of hate?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline firelover
  • Senior
  • Merits -4
Is rape an act of love? Or an act of hate?
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:42:18 AM »
Or is it neither? Or is it both?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:50:05 AM by firelover »

Offline badgurl30

• Sophomore
  • Merits 5
Re: Is rape an act of love? Or an act of hate?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:41:51 AM »
It could be love or hate and even both.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1096
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:34:50 AM »
I rape you because I love you! If I didn't care about you.....I wouldn't bother!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline Oliver_Klozoff

• Freshman
  • Merits 2
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
Lust
"I rape, therefore I am."

Offline Grace

• Senior
  • Merits 32
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
I thought it was about power.
There are very few monsters that warrant the fear we have of them.

Offline Eljorn

• Dean
  • Senior
  • Merits 43
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:07:38 PM »
I thought it was about power.
Ding!!!!

Give that gal a prize!

Offline Nyx

• Professor
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 86
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »
I'm gonna have to agree with Grace here. It could possibly be hate if it's some weird "revenge rape" , but it's certainly not about love. It's power.

Offline bra_lover

• Undergrad
  • Merits 6
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »
Rape is an act of hate.
Methodist with a bra fetish!

Lust4Mommy
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
For me, I see it as an act of pure and unadulterated lust :emot_4wank.gif:  Though I'm just viewing it from a pure fantasy point of view.

But I would tend to agree also that for "real" rapists, its more likely an act of hate/misogyny; could be lust for some, but regardless, there has to be some latent misogyny to actually commit a violent act of rape for real.

MamaMeadow
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 02:18:18 AM »
I like to see it as an act of hate.

Offline Swashbuckler

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 68
  • ~I am the Thief of the Hiway~
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
Interesting question.

The standard answer is that rape equates to POWER.

Obviously, lust is a factor.  Hate is a very powerful emotion.  But so too is love.  Not to be too poetic, but there can be no hate without love.  Love is an emotional investment.  Hate is love inside-out.  Hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is the opposite of love.

But rape ultimately is about power.  Taking all power away from the victim and reassigning it to the rapist.

~Swash~
If you are about to enter a conversation that can only end in a sabre stroke or a pistol shot; you should choose your words carefully.  For they may be your last.
~Swash~                                        
Yes I am a pirate,
Three hundred years too late
The cannons dont thunder,
There's nothing to plunder
Im just a forty-something victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late    - - - J. B.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/to-arrrr-is-pirate-700x461.jpg
http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=10190.0

Offline 9Fan

• Graduate
  • Merits 15
  • Well, hello.
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
Why not all of the above?  Obviously, there's going to be a degree of hate in any respect - but for the crazy, super-misogynistic ones, hate might be all they think about when they do it.

Me, personally, I think I'd fall more in the lust, love, and power camps.  But this is the hardened softie talking - I'm the guy that's just as likely to make sure the girl's comfortable while I'm taking her against her will.  Heh.  8)
I'm an angelic demon...or a demonic angel.  Good and bad all at once.  Aren't we all?

LittleRiver
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:15 PM »
I think I'm going to agree with the power crowd

Offline Violator

• Ka-Chow
  • Junior
  • Merits 9
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »

Real Rape is not about Love or Hate nor is it anything to do with Lust , Desire , Passion or about the victims clothing  they were wearing . I can speak from first hand experience as well as a listener to many victims . No I have not been a victim myself but there has been many times when I have felt like one . There are many scenarios and many variations of what took place during the Rape itself however 2 distinctive patterns emerged from discussions I had with the victims of trauma ( as I call them ) .

Rape is about " Power of control " over the Victim and making them do what the Rapist want's them to do against their will ,  this is always followed by " Anger " from the Rapist when the victim ( he or she ) says the word (  NO ) to them . From the Rapist point of view this is seen as defiance to their power over the victim and discipline is needed to reign them in with physical violence by way of slapping or punching or using fear as a weapon  by way of a gun or knife , until the victim submits to his power .

Real Rape is a  filthy , disgusting and abhorrent crime that leaves scars on the victims mind for the rest of their lives but it  also  leaves similar scars on anyone who knows about the victims attack . There is NO cure for any of this and the victim has a life time of mental problems , in all cases the victim is never the same person that you once knew and struggles to cope with life and relationships . All the victim can hope for is to suppress the trauma by way of talking to someone he or she trusts and gets the help mentally to be able to cope and regain some of their lives they have not lost but had taken away from them .

Fantasies are Fantasies and they should remain so and never be brought into reality by forcing someone against their will . Everyone has rights and the right to say the word NO ! Women have the same rights as Men and they must be respected at all times .

Vi

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:40:42 PM by Violator »

Offline Eljorn

• Dean
  • Senior
  • Merits 43
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »

Real Rape is not about Love or Hate nor is it anything to do with Lust , Desire , Passion or about the victims clothing  they were wearing . I can speak from first hand experience as well as a listener to many victims . No I have not been a victim myself but there has been many times when I have felt like one . There are many scenarios and many variations of what took place during the Rape itself however 2 distinctive patterns emerged from discussions I had with the victims of trauma ( as I call them ) .

Rape is about " Power of control " over the Victim and making them do what the Rapist want's them to do against their will ,  this is always followed by " Anger " from the Rapist when the victim ( he or she ) says the word (  NO ) to them . From the Rapist point of view this is seen as defiance to their power over the victim and discipline is needed to reign them in with physical violence by way of slapping or punching or using fear as a weapon  by way of a gun or knife , until the victim submits to his power .

Real Rape is a  filthy , disgusting and abhorrent crime that leaves scars on the victims mind for the rest of their lives but it  also  leaves similar scars on anyone who knows about the victims attack . There is NO cure for any of this and the victim has a life time of mental problems , in all cases the victim is never the same person that you once knew and struggles to cope with life and relationships . All the victim can hope for is to suppress the trauma by way of talking to someone he or she trusts and gets the help mentally to be able to cope and regain some of their lives they have not lost but had taken away from them .

Fantasies are Fantasies and they should remain so and never be brought into reality by forcing someone against their will . Everyone has rights and the right to say the word NO ! Women have the same rights as Men and they must be respected at all times .

Vi

Violator,

You get +1 Merit for your post.

Well said!
--
Eljorn