Author Topic: Star Wars: Did You Realize Darth Vader Was...  (Read 2630 times)

Offline cartman13

• Undergrad
  • Merits 29
Re: Star Wars: Did You Realize Darth Vader Was...
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 07:02:38 AM »
Palpatine was disfigured by the lighting repelled from Windu's lightsaber.Thats force was draining other people's life energy,so basically he was draining himself!Turning old and disfigured.You see what he says when Anakin cuts Windu's hands and Palpatine manages to strike him?
''Power,unlimited power'' meaning when he uses this he takes the power of the other one!

Yoda's defeat is more...mental than physical.He feels responsible that he failed to see the whole plot to kill the Jedi and destroy the Senate,and when he fails to defeat the Emperor with the first go,he retreats and goes into hiding!

As i said...if he had stayed and fought...then the next episodes wouldnt have happened like that.

And BTW: Palpatine carves through 3 Jedi in this scene - only Windu survives long enough to challenge him. Either Windu was a complete moron who chose three cripples to accompany him - or else Palpatine was REALLY FUCKING GOOD!

Οr in reality Jedi werent as powerful as you want to believe.
Just like Qui Gon said when he met Anakin...Jedi arent invincible!You noticed how easily they were killed by the clones!Only just a few were really good!
Each Jedi had a different training in the force.Not all could jump,run,push,pull,do the mind trick and stuff.Each had his own use of the force.
Windu easily overpowered Palpatine and he would have killed him if the prick Anakin hadnt interfered!

Offline Algore

• Graduate
  • Merits 85
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 07:35:04 AM »
Palpatine was disfigured by the lighting repelled from Windu's lightsaber.Thats force was draining other people's life energy,so basically he was draining himself!Turning old and disfigured.You see what he says when Anakin cuts Windu's hands and Palpatine manages to strike him?
''Power,unlimited power'' meaning when he uses this he takes the power of the other one!

Um... link to source that says Palpatine was draining somneone else's loife energy?

Yoda's defeat is more...mental than physical.He feels responsible that he failed to see the whole plot to kill the Jedi and destroy the Senate,and when he fails to defeat the Emperor with the first go,he retreats and goes into hiding!

Except his failure to see the plot happened first - and given the stakes his battle with Palpatine should have been a death-match. Since Palpatine and Anakin were the only two Sith, Yoda could have easily defeated Anakin after killing Palpatine. If Yoda retreated volantarily then he basically handed the Republic (and with it, billions of lives) into Palpatine's control. Running off and sulking does not seem like the actions of a Jedi Master.

As i said...if he had stayed and fought...then the next episodes wouldnt have happened like that.

If Yoda had WON the next episodes would not have hjappened... nbut I see no clear evidence tat he had the advantage.

And BTW: Palpatine carves through 3 Jedi in this scene - only Windu survives long enough to challenge him. Either Windu was a complete moron who chose three cripples to accompany him - or else Palpatine was REALLY FUCKING GOOD!

Οr in reality Jedi werent as powerful as you want to believe.
Just like Qui Gon said when he met Anakin...Jedi arent invincible!You noticed how easily they were killed by the clones!Only just a few were really good!
Each Jedi had a different training in the force.Not all could jump,run,push,pull,do the mind trick and stuff.Each had his own use of the force.
Windu easily overpowered Palpatine and he would have killed him if the prick Anakin hadnt interfered!

[/quote]

No, the Jedi weren't all-powerful - and getting shot in the back by your allies tends to kill most people. But consider this: if there were only ever two Sith (probably because you cannot trut another sociopath) then the master would never reveal himself unless he had the upper hand... and even the apprentice would not be riskled in battle unless he wa seriously powerful. If Palpatine had spent years trining his apprentice would he want to ee him dir for no gain? And lose all that time? Darth Maual was hardcore - he killed Jigon-quin and damn near killed kenobi. So thge Sith never moved openly unless they had a clear advantag - whilke the Jedi (with manyu people under training) could afford to lose a few. Pluis the Jedi had to maintain a viosible presence while the Sith moved in the shadows.
I don't know who you think you are but before this night is through... I'm gonna do bad things with you!

See my profile for a list of my stories!

Offline cartman13

• Undergrad
  • Merits 29
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »
Count Duku has joined the Sith,like Darth Vader.Are they Sith or Sith allies?
General Grivus kills Jedi and takes their lightsabers.Is he also a Sith since he uses lightsabers?
During the Clone Wars (the series) more Sith reveal themselves,so the Sith are not just 2.....

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »
Count Dooku WAS the Sith Apprentice that replaced Darth Maul. Dooku had a Darth name as well. But the Emperor had wanted Anakin as his Apprentice, which was why he wanted Anakin to kill Dooku.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline cartman13

• Undergrad
  • Merits 29
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
Count Dooku WAS the Sith Apprentice that replaced Darth Maul. Dooku had a Darth name as well. But the Emperor had wanted Anakin as his Apprentice, which was why he wanted Anakin to kill Dooku.

So there isnt just one! ;)

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 12:32:27 PM »
Isn't just one what? Sith Apprentice? No, only one. Palpatine didn't woo Anakin until AFTER he killed Count Dooku.

- Unknown

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
I am thinking that the 2nd Death Star was being built at the same time as the first one. It could only make sense. Perhaps the Empire has plans for several Death Stars. There's NO way something that big could be built I such a short period of time. If Lucas wanted us to believe that, he was an idiot. It's why the prequels sucked so bad. They were all directed by him! The best Star Wars movies ( with the exception of Ep IV ) were done by other directors. George Lucas might have been a visionary but he was a suck-ass movie director.
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

Offline vdarth87
  • Junior
  • Merits 1
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »
Who says the two death stars took different times to build?

First of all, the second death star wasn't even finished. They rushed just to get the main weapon built, the rest was still under construction.

Second, each movie in the original trilogy is separated by three years. The battle of Endor takes place 6 years after battle of Yavin. So they had 6 years to build it, not just a couple months. If the first death star took 20 years, maybe the second death star was only 30% complete?

Third, the first death star would have been constructed slowly, in complete secrecy. No one had any idea such a thing was being built, so it was probably not being built as fast as possible. That being said, by the time of the second one, the cat is already out of the bag, so the empire put a lot more resources into rushing that one. Not to 100%, but if they built it say twice as fast, they could get to 60%, which seems pretty close, given how it looks.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 05:02:51 PM »
Sorry, you have your timeline wrong. Episode II is ten years after Episode I. Episode III is three years after Episode II. Episode IV is eighteen years after Episode III. Episode V is three years after Episode IV. And Episode VI was only one year after Episode V.

- Unknown

Offline Algore

• Graduate
  • Merits 85
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 04:04:54 AM »
Who says the two death stars took different times to build?

First of all, the second death star wasn't even finished. They rushed just to get the main weapon built, the rest was still under construction.

Second, each movie in the original trilogy is separated by three years. The battle of Endor takes place 6 years after battle of Yavin. So they had 6 years to build it, not just a couple months. If the first death star took 20 years, maybe the second death star was only 30% complete?

Third, the first death star would have been constructed slowly, in complete secrecy. No one had any idea such a thing was being built, so it was probably not being built as fast as possible. That being said, by the time of the second one, the cat is already out of the bag, so the empire put a lot more resources into rushing that one. Not to 100%, but if they built it say twice as fast, they could get to 60%, which seems pretty close, given how it looks.

GG is probably right about the timeline - but you do have a good point about building the Death Star. The first was started secretly and would have taken a while to build. The second required no particular secrecy (the rebels were on the run) and Palpatine had the FULL RESOURCES of the Empire at his disposal. Think about that... thousands of planets, millions of workers... you could have pre-fab sections made all over the galaxy and then shipped in for assembly. The second Death Star could have been built a lot faster than the first.

Aside from that, I believe Palpatine deliberately leaked the info regarding the second Death Star. He knew the rebels would have to attack it - especially if they knew he was on board. The whole thing was a setup. He wanted them to commit everything they had to a final, desperate assault - which he would then crush. He did tell Like that DS2 was "fully operational". The weapons systems certainly were.
I don't know who you think you are but before this night is through... I'm gonna do bad things with you!

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 05:11:02 AM »
I finished reading A New Hope, and am partway into The Empire Strikes back. I still say Darth Vader is an idiot.
Now he KNEW Luke was with the Rebels on Hoth. BUT, he didn't realize look left in his X-Wing for Dagobah. He was SO certain look was on the Millenium Falcon with Han, Chewie and Leia. What an idiot!

- Unknown

Offline cartman13

• Undergrad
  • Merits 29
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 02:49:11 AM »
I finished reading A New Hope, and am partway into The Empire Strikes back. I still say Darth Vader is an idiot.
Now he KNEW Luke was with the Rebels on Hoth. BUT, he didn't realize look left in his X-Wing for Dagobah. He was SO certain look was on the Millenium Falcon with Han, Chewie and Leia. What an idiot!

They are not....like Highlander to feel the others all the time you know!  :emot_laughing.gif:

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »
Forget the Highlander! If Darth Vader was as adept with the Force as he claimed to be, he'd have known Luke wasn't on the Milleniun Falcon.

- Unknown

Offline Algore

• Graduate
  • Merits 85
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »

They are not....like Highlander to feel the others all the time you know!  :emot_laughing.gif:

Weak with the grammar your post is...

Offline cartman13

• Undergrad
  • Merits 29
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »
Forget the Highlander! If Darth Vader was as adept with the Force as he claimed to be, he'd have known Luke wasn't on the Milleniun Falcon.

He's not all knowing....noone claimed that...ever!