Author Topic: Cannot find outbox/other minor issue  (Read 212 times)

Offline captain_bond

• Freshman
  • Merits 2
  • "I'm sorry, that last hand...nearly killed me."
Cannot find outbox/other minor issue
« on: January 29, 2024, 03:41:04 PM »
So as the subject line implies, I not only have no earthly idea where to find my PM outbox, but I am also one of what seems to be many who is stuck with a number other than 0 above my PM icon even though I've read the message. If any member of staff can respond and begin steps to resolve both issues (or just tell me where my half-blind ass ain't looking in the case of the first one lmao) that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
  • But would you really want her?
Re: Cannot find outbox/other minor issue
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 05:21:30 PM »
Hello captain_ bond!

I'm not a moderator but for the Pm outbox, I believe that all you have to do is click on reply on the top right hand side of the message you would like to respond to

To send a new message, on the main page just place your cursor on  "MY MESSAGE"  and a drop down menu should appear! Then just click on "SEND A MESSAGE" When you have made a message and are ready to send it, just go to the bottom of the message box and off to the right hand corner under it you'll find "SEND MESSAGE", "PREVIEW MESSAGE" and "SPELL CHECK", just click on SEND MESSAGE

As for the number icon, I'm afraid I can't help you. I get them but the minute I read then and move on the number disappears!
When I get around to it, I'll write

Offline captain_bond

• Freshman
  • Merits 2
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 06:32:08 PM »
This I am aware of, about the "how do I reply" bit, but there's an option to "save this message to my outbox" or something to that effect. Either way, I cannot find any record of my sent messages anywhere.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 06:59:46 PM »
Ah now I understand what you are trying to do!

When sending a message  you see right underneath the message box on the left hand side A box beise "Save A COPY TO MY INBOX" click on the box until it turns blue!

Now on your "MY MESSAGE"  drop the menu down and select either "READ" or "SEND" On the left hand side you will find "MESSAGES" with "NEW MESSAGE' below that "INBOX" and under that "SENT ITEM" that is the archive of all messages sent or collected. Just click to be taken to the corresponding page. On that page you'll have the option of deleting any message you don't want anymore!

Offline captain_bond

• Freshman
  • Merits 2
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 08:17:07 PM »
NOW I got it. Thanks so much!! Still a little annoying about the 1 still being there even though I read the message it alerted me to, but seems like I'm not alone in that.

Offline To-Get-Her

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 721
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 02:53:57 PM »
Been Pondering the number issue and just noticed something on my own log in page

When logged in you see your avatar  and to the immediate right of that "Welcome captain_ bond you have "X" messages, "X" are new"

If that is what you are on about that shows you to total accumulation of the total messages you have received or sent since you joined the site, It will never go away until you delete your account here, In fact it should rise with each message!