Author Topic: 2020 Story of the year winner  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Petite99S

• Senior
  • Merits 45
Re: 2020 Story of the year winner
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 08:44:14 PM »
Wow, I think it's wonderful that there was 2020 Story Of The Year contest and I was told nothing about it. Then again it's a rape fantasy site, consensual writers don't count.  :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_laughing.gif:

They do so count. But you have to win one of the monthly competitions to qualify, and to win a monthly you must enter it.

I never had to do anything on KB, and I won 3 different things over the years. Admittedly I think entering oneself into a contest is egotistical. If a story is worthy a reader should nominate it. I was just joking about consensual writers not counting here.

I know you were joking. Hm. What if submitting was like agreeing to sing at your company's Christmas karaoke 'zoom party'? You don't sing because you think you'll win or are any good but wanted to just 'lean in'?
Here's to Good people, good nights, Good highs, good health. Some tears, some stress. But I count my blessings. Here's to Good music, great sex. Little time to feel alive. Little time to get it right

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 10:45:07 PM »
Wow, I think it's wonderful that there was 2020 Story Of The Year contest and I was told nothing about it. Then again it's a rape fantasy site, consensual writers don't count.  :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_laughing.gif:

They do so count. But you have to win one of the monthly competitions to qualify, and to win a monthly you must enter it.

I never had to do anything on KB, and I won 3 different things over the years. Admittedly I think entering oneself into a contest is egotistical. If a story is worthy a reader should nominate it. I was just joking about consensual writers not counting here.

I know you were joking. Hm. What if submitting was like agreeing to sing at your company's Christmas karaoke 'zoom party'? You don't sing because you think you'll win or are any good but wanted to just 'lean in'?

Nope. Wouldn't happen. :emot_rotf.gif:
I'm serious. I would never submit my own stories. It would be like "tooting my own horn".  But if I felt another writer's story was worthy, I'd gladly nominate that writer, which is what Lois and mods on KB do, they have us nominate other members.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

SheerHose33
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 04:01:57 AM »

Nope. Wouldn't happen. :emot_rotf.gif:
I'm serious. I would never submit my own stories. It would be like "tooting my own horn".  But if I felt another writer's story was worthy, I'd gladly nominate that writer, which is what Lois and mods on KB do, they have us nominate other members.

I think the competitions are a success.Millie has done a fab job with it.  I feel you have to enter your own work to have a chance. Maybe one month we can have a readers competition where readers pick their stories to submit
I think voting for one self would be egoistical and if possible not voting for your own story would be a feature so you have to vote for someone else or if someone is that competitive then they don’t vote at all.
On the other hand one thing this contest needs is more voters and submissions, as it does bring life to the site. Just my two cents

Offline amandablonde

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1091
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »
Congratulations Rachel. So well earned!
accomplice of evil

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
My friends and fellow readers and writers, can we please stop the discussion on the contest in this thread. Should someone care to carry this further, please make a thread in main forum "RavishU Monthly Story Contest." It is inappropriate to comment in this thread, it detracts attention from its intended purpose. That is, to congratulate Rachel on her win.

Again Rachel, great story, good work, and a good win. :)
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!