Author Topic: 2020 Story of the year winner  (Read 2238 times)

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
    • Official website for Millie Dynamite
2020 Story of the year winner
« on: December 25, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »
 2020 Story of the year 2:47AM

Rachel_Thornton took the top prize for the story of the year, for her tale, 2:47AM. She has won an all-expense-paid vacation to Nowhere, Nowhere A’tall, a tiny island just under the surface somewhere off the coast Atlantis, which, as you know, doesn’t exist (anymore). Sorry, wish we could send you somewhere real. Anywhere that people love one another. To quote a movie, I have just seen…

Billy Jack: Oh, really? Tell me, where is that place? Where is it? In what remote corner of this country-no-entire goddamn planet is there a place where men (and women) really care about one another and really love each other? Now, you tell me where such a place is, and I promise you that I’ll never hurt another human being as long as I live. [shouts] Just one place!

But I digress. I want to compliment all of you on all the wonderful stories we have been presented this year.
Just 90 lbs of Dynamite Big Bada Boom!!

carhamgrater
Re: 2020 Story of the year winner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 01:48:04 PM »
Many heart felt congratulations Rachel, many times over i have told you you had what it took ow maybe you'll believe me when i say you are an elite writer!

Offline bobbyjoecrossdresser

• Sophomore
  • Merits 4
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »
Congratulations Rachel well done. This means I'll have to reread the story, and the ones I voted for, and see if I made a mistake in my choices. But then again, enjoyment is in the mind of the reader. I know I enjoyed it, just not as much as perhaps I should have.
Boys make the best Girls

Offline Rachel_Thornton

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1267
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
To say that I'm shocked that one of my stories got the win is an understatement. To have that story be from the Supernatural section is even more shocking and hopefully this might bring more readers to this often neglected section of RU.
Well Graham you might have to tell me at least once more just to keep my feet on the ground.
BobbyJoe there were no mistakes in the choices you made, thats one of the brilliant things about here we all have a difference of opinion in what we enjoy to read. I personally think the stories I voted for should have gotten the top spot as I found them to be better written but its as you say the enjoyment of the readership that counts. Thank you for your support and any feedback to a writer is brilliant.
Thank you all who voted for the stories as it makes us want to write more and as Graham has said many times it really is the readers who are the overall winners as we get to read some of the best tales of erotica conceived.

Offline Seeker

• Graduate
  • Merits 1000
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 09:54:03 AM »
Great job and well deserved Rachel. Loved the story and well done to all who were in the running. Great stories all and shows how rich this little writing corner of the universe is.
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." Karl Jung.
                                             You can find my portfolio of stories at http://ravishu.com/forums/index.php?topic=44259.0

Offline Petite99S

• Senior
  • Merits 45
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 02:35:56 PM »
Congratulations Rachel! I wrote little notes as I was reading every story and mine for 2:47 was literally "Just THE perfect story and wonderfully frightening even on 3rd re-read". Very well deserved win.
Here's to Good people, good nights, Good highs, good health. Some tears, some stress. But I count my blessings. Here's to Good music, great sex. Little time to feel alive. Little time to get it right

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 04:51:39 PM »
Wow, I think it's wonderful that there was 2020 Story Of The Year contest and I was told nothing about it. Then again it's a rape fantasy site, consensual writers don't count.  :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_laughing.gif:
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 05:41:42 PM »
Wow, I think it's wonderful that there was 2020 Story Of The Year contest and I was told nothing about it. Then again it's a rape fantasy site, consensual writers don't count.  :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_laughing.gif:

They do so count. But you have to win one of the monthly competitions to qualify, and to win a monthly you must enter it.

Offline Petite99S

• Senior
  • Merits 45
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 08:20:24 PM »
Wow, I think it's wonderful that there was 2020 Story Of The Year contest and I was told nothing about it. Then again it's a rape fantasy site, consensual writers don't count.  :emot_rotf.gif: :emot_laughing.gif:

Hey! They do so count. There were 2 consensual submissions and this Vampire Chronicles fan thinks at least one of them was superb.  :angel:
Here's to Good people, good nights, Good highs, good health. Some tears, some stress. But I count my blessings. Here's to Good music, great sex. Little time to feel alive. Little time to get it right

Offline LtBroccoli

• Undergrad
  • Merits 487
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
Congratulations Rachel.  Awesome work, and well deserved.
Always close the program you were running before exiting the holodeck

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 110
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 03:02:25 AM »

They do so count. But you have to win one of the monthly competitions to qualify, and to win a monthly you must enter it.

I never had to do anything on KB, and I won 3 different things over the years. Admittedly I think entering oneself into a contest is egotistical. If a story is worthy a reader should nominate it. I was just joking about consensual writers not counting here.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline 90lbsofdynamite

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 353
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »

I never had to do anything on KB, and I won 3 different things over the years. Admittedly I think entering oneself into a contest is egotistical. If a story is worthy a reader should nominate it. I was just joking about consensual writers not counting here.

There are only a few major paying contests that writer doesn't enter themselves. Those contests have specific criteria, and the story must be written for the competition. Of course, you have to pay an entry fee for those contests. The nominating for a contest run by prestigious organizations as Mystery Writers of America, Western Writers of America, to name two, in general, those nominations come from the publishers for the organizations' awards.

We have no publishers to do those nominations. I structured it like writer's magazines do their competitions. If a writer isn't proud enough of their work to enter it, it isn't modesty that prevents the entry. If they are proud of their work and expect everyone to agree and rush to nominate them, well, that seems egotistical to me. I am running the contest in a manner that fits my time requirements. If I had to sift through all the stories published on the site each month to give my nominations, I wouldn't be able to write for myself, do my ghostwriting, or my job.

As I have said several times, if someone else cares to run the competitions, please step forward.

Offline vile8r

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 1094
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 03:37:35 PM »
VERY WELL DESERVED, RACHEL!
I could rape your pussy, but I'd be in and out in a few minutes. So I choose to rape your mind, and I'll be inside you forever!

SheerHose33
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 04:56:10 AM »
Well done Rachel glad to see you win again and thank you for those who voted in these contests.
Millie I think you are doing an amazing job with them so keep it up.

darklord
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2020, 06:35:33 PM »
Kudos Rachel. Well deserved.