Author Topic: YEA We’re Back  (Read 3399 times)

Offline GEMINIGUY

• Masters Degree
  • Merits 111
  • Professor of Consensual & Sensual Erotica 101
Re: YEA We’re Back
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 01:30:13 AM »
Our server went down, I believe it was called Gator, so Lois had to move us and our sister site KB onto another server, which I believe is called Simple Machines.
I'm glad we lost no data. Vile8r knows I used to post a few stories on another site, the owner kept moving the site and I lost all of my stories there. Not many. I did a series of like six The Good Wife stories, "The Big Bust Theory", which luckily is posted up on Kristen's Archive, and "The Big Butt Theory. I wish someone had downloaded my stories of The Good Wife and "The Big Butt Theory"...

Yes dammit! I wish I had! I loved the Good Wife series.

That would have been awesome if you had.
"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

"IT IS THE TALE, NOT HE WHO TELLS IT"
- Unknown

Offline RopeFiend

• Dean
  • Masters Degree
  • Merits 236
  • only a Dean for tech help
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »

We could have been up a few days earlier, but the last GOOD backup I had of the forums was July 4th; after that, HostGator kept hobbling us and I could'nt run a backup.  Lois bought a NEW account with a NEW host that's not as shitty as HostGator turned into, so hopefully we'll have several years here before we have problems again.

We waited until I could get a complete backup of the forum before moving to the new host.  Yes, your posts MATTER to us!  That's why we're here.

This is the third or fourth time we've had to move to a different host.  Eventually they all get a bug up their ass and start giving us grief.  The previous host wanted us to pay $20 or more per month for a Virtual Private Server, which is WAAAYYY overkill for these two little forums.  We're not a hard load on any server, but when they severely oversell their capabilities, they start culling anyone that used more than zero juice.  We get a lot of 'guests' and 'bots at both forums, which causes occasional usage spikes.  Any reasonable host will ride it out.  HostGator stopped being reasonable, so we left.

Offline Sweet_Celine

• Freshman
  • Merits 5
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 02:31:58 AM »
So, so many thanks to the admins for working overtime and recovering this site!!! You've absolutely done a stellar job. Glad to see you are keeping it up, making backups of the forums and staying on top of things! It's so frustrating to keep forums like this up when it seems like everyone wants to take us down.

All the same, I would archive your favorite threads from now on. There's no telling if we might get booted off for good. Rapecage got sacked after years with little to no warning, so I would take precautions.

Offline Persephone (she/her)

• Sophomore
  • Merits 9
  • Hades breeds me on the town square for all to see
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2023, 10:06:57 PM »
Haha I think it's been almost 1.5 years since I've been on here - last time I tried to come on here, the site was banned. Then I thought about it again recently and decided to see if it was still banned. I was about to make a new account before I realized that I could still use my old account. Hi everyone! it's been a while!
/Persephone, but call me Pers